shape
carat
color
clarity

Verragio ring ordering confusion, who''s right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moolman

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''m going to purchase the Verragio ENG-0023, the one with the pear shaped diamonds on the site. I''m getting some conflicting information from the different retailers I''ve been visiting.

One retailer is saying that they have to order the ring with the correct ring size and the correct middle diamond size, so depending if I''m putting a 1 carat or 1.5 or 2.0, they have to order that one.

Another (Robbins Bros) who has it in stock is saying they can adjust the ring to fit what I need. Now am I compromising the ring by having them adjust things around, if ordering the correct size is true.

Thanks

Alex

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/3/2005 3:32:45 AM
Author:moolman
Hi,
I'm going to purchase the Verragio ENG-0023, the one with the pear shaped diamonds on the site. I'm getting some conflicting information from the different retailers I've been visiting.

One retailer is saying that they have to order the ring with the correct ring size and the correct middle diamond size, so depending if I'm putting a 1 carat or 1.5 or 2.0, they have to order that one.

Another (Robbins Bros) who has it in stock is saying they can adjust the ring to fit what I need. Now am I compromising the ring by having them adjust things around, if ordering the correct size is true.

Thanks

Alex
Hi Alex,

The main issue is the vendor or retailer would prefer to get the ring with the head and prongs already spec'ed to fit the diameter of your center stone. Getting a qualified bench jeweler to adjust the prongs to fit your stone is not a problem and will not compromise the ring if the stone is close to the size the ring was originally spec'ed for.

For example if you were to get a stone mounted in a ring specified for a 1.50 ct Round Brilliant the vaiation for a plus size is usually 1/4 to a half carat depending on the designer line and ring construction. So if you purchased a 1.89 ct. stone the prongs would be adjusted in the original spec'ed ring to accomodate your diamond from the original 1.5 carat center stone mounting.

There is really nothing to worry about and it is a very common practice that any jeweler setting a diamond experiences on a daily basis with adjusting prongs.
4.gif

Hope this helps...
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results