shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendors, need fact check on min space required for milgrain

john_john

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a custom setting and was told that my side stone area's max width would be dictated by the largest side stone and a minimum of .5mm per side to make space for the milgrain work.

Is it true that .5mm of space should be given per side for the milgrain work, or is it possible it can be done in .4mm or less space?

Here's a comparison photo next to the original (inspiration) setting: side-comparison-erd.jpg

The model has a largest side stone of 1.8mm diameter and .5mm space per side, for a total of 2.8mm max width. I'm thinking 2.6mm width is closer to the original width of the side stone area/shoulders.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Vendors, need fact check on min space required for milgr

I am thinking that if your vendor told you that they require .5mm for the milgrain, then that is the space their bench requires to make a good job of it. I would be wary of asking them to go thinner, particularly if you are working with a well respected vendor who produces high quality work and they are saying thinner is inadvisable.

Would you consider forgoing the milgrain there in order to have the proportions more delicate?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results