shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche X-Prong vs Double Prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surand1

Rough_Rock
I''m deciding between two rings and I''m not sure which to go with. I like the X-Prong because it looks a little cleaner than the Double Prong. If you look at the images sige by side it looks like the diamond is bigger in the x-prong because of less metal obscurring the diamond. My only concern is whether the diamond is secure. I would think that with a double prong you have more security, but how safe is the x-prong with only 4 prongs holding the diamond in place. Has anyone had any experiences with either of these rings?

Vatche X-Prong Channel

Vatche Reversed V & Double Prong Ring

Jodi

Rough_Rock
I have had a cross-style on an emerald cut with single prongs, very similar to the one you''re showing, for about 6 years with absolutely no trouble - no movement or shifting at all. I think that both of your pics are really beautiful and it''s up to you to choose which setting you like best because both would securely hold a diamond. I''ve had great luck with the single prongs.

Good luck in finding the perfect one for you!

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
We originally looked at a double claw setting but decided on the xprong-but that is just me, both are beautiful and as long as you make sure to check the prongs/setting every 6 months, you shouldn''t have a problem!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I like the vatche X prong channel set better, shows more of the diamond and less metal. My diamond is set with four prongs and have never had a problem with it. Just make sure to take it to be checked every 6 months and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results