shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent help with a plain wedding band!

lewood

Shiny_Rock
I have 22 days until my wedding, and I have just NOW decided that in addition to my diamond wedding band, I would also like a plain platinum one, too. I know the easy solution would be to go to a local jewelry store and buy one there, but the mark-up in incredible. I found a website called weddingringhotline.com, and their prices are AMAZING (any good experiences with that site, anyone?)! I’m considering buying my platinum wedding band from them, but I have a couple of questions for ya’ll first…

1) I want a band that is not very rounded or considered to be harshly “flat” with sharp edges either. I want a nice compromise. My engagement ring shank is flat, but I think a band that is relatively flat, but with rounded edges would still look nice. Does this ring target what I am looking for? (relatively flat, but with rounded edges)
https://store.weddingringhotline.com/product.php?xProd=599&xSec=89

2) What is low dome??? I don’t want a paper thin ring. The above link says that it is 1.5 mm thick….how substantial is that? I’m not sure how thick my e-ring shank is, but I do know it is between 2 and 2.5 mm wide. They can make the ring comfort fit, but prices jump to the 600’s, which makes it slightly thicker (1.85). Is it worth it????

***I'm going to try and upload a profile picture of my e-ring so you can maybe guest how many mm thick it is to help me with a wedding band to match it's thickness.

Thanks so much for your help!!!!! I really need it!!!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Low dome just means that it isn't a very thick/high dome. I don't have any experience with the vendor you linked to, but my band is from e-weddingbands and it came amazingly quickly, plus engraving was free.

They have a big variety of platinum bands to choose from:

http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/platinum_wedding_bands.html

This 2mm band is only $319 and is also 1.5mm thick:

http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/plathr2info.html

ETA: I think I'd try to match the width/thickness of your e-ring, or maybe just a bit thinner than the e-ring.

lewood

Shiny_Rock
I've looked at eweddingbands, and I do like their stuff; however, weddingringhotline is even cheaper! I actually think I got the idea for weddingringhotline here on pricescope. Anyhow, the ring you posted is "domed", which would make it very rounded. I think that would clash with my e-ring as it is considered flat-ish.

Here is how weddingringhotline describes their low dome:

Low Dome Band ::: Platinum ::: 3.0mm Width
LDPLAT-30M
Classic and traditional styling. Not quite as domed as our rounded bands and not as flat as our flat bands. The ultimate in comfort. Available either high polished as shown, or with a brushed/satin finish at no extra charge. Regular fit interior is 1.5mm thickness and comfort fit interior is 1.75mm thickness.

My question is...I've seen wedding bands that are "domed" and are paper thin....like .5 mm, I swear. Are they saying that it's 1.5 mm thick from the slight bump up top to the edge OR the actual height of the ring is 1.5? Am I being confusing.....

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Also, there is a .25 mm difference in regular vs. comfort fit....is it worth it??

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It should be actual height of the ring is 1.5mm tall. I like comfort fit so I'd be tempted to buy it depending on the price difference.

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Is there really a "comfort" differnce with comfort fit? Is it heavier? What are the pros?

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a low dome wedding band? Is it noticeably flatter than a regular high dome or rounded band?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results