shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent help needed with these 2 emerald cut ASETs please

caratsearcher

Rough_Rock
I already posted earlier about my search for a squarish emerald cut diamond to surprise my wife with.

I now have the ASETs of my favourite two diamonds and need your help interpreting them please. I have 24 hours to decide between these two:

Thanks for your help.

_34885.jpg

_34886.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not at all an emerald expert but I like #2.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like the dimness in the center of the table on #1. #2 does look better in comparison. However I would like to see the stone in motion to judge it's on off patterning as I find that more important in these step cuts.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 2 do you have the links still?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably ASET #2 but I'd like to see the videos first.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If these stones are at the same place you can have the gemologist compare/contrast them and tell you what they see.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Caratsearcher,

Without regard to the specific ASETs you have posted, let me give you some information in general which may help.

Any fancy shape that shows a preponderance of red and green light return is worth consideration. Many people prefer the blue (obstruction) to occur in a symmetrical (ro close to symmetrical) pattern which should enhance the “on/off” effect of the light return to the viewer’s eye. If you can find little to no leakage (black with a non-backlit image) under the table or at the edges, that is an additional bonus. A lot of red near the edges will help verify that intense light is returning the entire length and width of the diamond.

Given those parameters determining which cut of diamond you might favor should make the decision process easier.

caratsearcher

Rough_Rock
Diamond_Hawk|1444853919|3938276 said:
Caratsearcher,

Without regard to the specific ASETs you have posted, let me give you some information in general which may help.

Any fancy shape that shows a preponderance of red and green light return is worth consideration. Many people prefer the blue (obstruction) to occur in a symmetrical (ro close to symmetrical) pattern which should enhance the “on/off” effect of the light return to the viewer’s eye. If you can find little to no leakage (black with a non-backlit image) under the table or at the edges, that is an additional bonus. A lot of red near the edges will help verify that intense light is returning the entire length and width of the diamond.

Given those parameters determining which cut of diamond you might favor should make the decision process easier.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Based on that feedback then the ASET for number 2 diamond looks to be the better one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results