shape
carat
color
clarity

(URGENT ADVISE PLEASE) 1.64 F VS2 Princess WITH PICTURE!! PLEASE advise!!! many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have no complaints, but I''m no expert. The James Allen site says it''s ''no longer available''--did you nab it??

eugene76

Rough_Rock
Yes...its on hold for me..

Can you see a black small thing right in the middle of it? Think its eye visible?
Thanks!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
No way are you going to see anything except through a loupe. I had a VS2 and it was great. The diamond looks nice. I think that James Allen has a good return policy in case you don''t like it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2007 12:06:23 PM
Author: eugene76
Yes...its on hold for me..

Can you see a black small thing right in the middle of it? Think its eye visible?
Thanks!
I do see what you are talking about, but that picture is pretty magnified, I doubt that you will see it with the naked eye, HIGHLY doubt it.

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t been following your posts so I''m not sure what you already know...but here it is:

1. This diamond is not a light performance diamond. It may perform better than what you can find in the malll, but probably not by much. To give you an idea, within GIA there are two cut grades above where you''re looking (Very good, Excellent) & with AGS you can get (Ideal 0) which is considered an even stricter grade than GIA Excellent.

2. The diamond is slightly rectangular, some prefer that..but others like a more perfect square

3. If you want to see it''s light performance, ask for an ASET image of the diamond, or in a pinch, an idealscope and post the image here for interpretation.

If your primary concern is size, you can probably get a great light performing diamond at 1.5 ct at your budget. I understand if you want to sacrifice some light performance for bigger size, but I don''t think you necessarily have to go this far.

If you need hellp finding diamonds with your specs, calling is always best, and we''d all be willing to help!!

In terms of the inclusion, it can only be seen with the loupe, no one will be able to tell with the unadded eye.

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
What about this one? The color is a few steps down (H), and the clarity is a lil overkill (IF), but assuming you need a diamond in a pinch this is an awesome princess:

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/71113.html

Note: don't judge diamonds by thier "real" pictures. Those pictures are often misleading as you can light the diamonds, and tilt it in certain ways to make it appear more pleasing to the eye.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Have you thought about this one GOG 1.99 I SI AGS Ideal

It' is lower in color and clarity but it is better cut and larger/more square, and only $290 more. If it's eye clean it might be worth looking at!

eugene76

Rough_Rock
Many many thanks, just a few questions...

1) What makes it be low in light performance? what characteristic? a few online vendors classify this stone as "very good cut" and very good polish and simetry....please advise...

2) Tha ratio of this diamond is 1.03, thay say untill 1.04 a stone is perfectly square to the eye, not correct?

3) Am I sacrificing a LOOOOOT talking about light performance? i dont have a clue..will this stone reflect no light at all ? my GF is not a gemologist, so I dont know if this low-light performance will be really noticeble to a common eye...

???

What you think?

peridot83

Shiny_Rock

1. I''m evauating based on polish/symmetry "very good" COUPLED with James Allen''s own evaluation that this diamond is only "good." If the vendor himself, is not willing to give a better rating than that, I woud be skeptical considering they are trying to sell diamonds.

It''s true that the GIA, unlike the AGS, does not give a cut rating for princesses.

2. I''m not sure about that....maybe someone else can chip in?

3. Light performance is: how much and what type of light is reflected from the diamond. Basically whether it''s sparkly (which i guarantee you us girls care about =P)

The difference between the diamond you have picked, and the diamonds we are referring to you is most likely completely noticeable to the eye. I don''t know if you''ve looked at diamonds in person very much, but some are completely dull...they don''t sparkle at all...it''s just a white blob.

Now the one you picked is most likely not like that (but you can''t tell without an ASET or idealscope image!!!), but most likely will just kinda passively shimmer as you tilt it back and forth. On the other hand, you can get one that is like a freakin'' disco ball. Just throws sparkles and flashes arouned like crazy.

Now i''m not saying you have to go from "good" to AGS0, but some compromising is necessary =)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 1:21:12 PM
Author: KtIceRN
28.gif

It'' is lower in color and clarity but it is better cut and larger/more square, and only $290 more. If it''s eye clean it might be worth looking at!
I would go fo this one posted by KtIceRn

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 2:50:56 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 12/19/2007 1:21:12 PM
Author: KtIceRN
28.gif

It'' is lower in color and clarity but it is better cut and larger/more square, and only $290 more. If it''s eye clean it might be worth looking at!
I would go fo this one posted by KtIceRn
DITTO!!!
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know much about princesses but I know that I don''t like too large tables in any diamond. The diamond you posted has a very large table.

eugene76

Rough_Rock
Great explanation, many thanks...

Two things.

Yes, Jales Allen has graded the Cut as "Good", however, Mondera has graded it as "Very Good",
Abaziaz as "Very good", and my online vendor, which is "Adiamor.com", as "Premium".
¿what do you think of this?

On the other hand, well, you got me...loved the idea of the "freakin'' disco ball"...what do I look
for to get this?

Thanks!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
eugene76 I really think it might be worth looking at the GOG stone I showed you. I have seen AGS0 princesses IRL and they are about 1,000,000 times better than anything in a B&M and I believe you would see a difference between a good stone and a AGS000.

If it is a fireball you want....and AGS000 you get!

eugene76

Rough_Rock
Where do I start to look?

What do you think about the different cut grades the online vendors gave?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Use the tool at the top of the page pricescope your diamond. That''s where I found that GOG one. Me personally I like my stones graded by AGS from a reputable vendor with a good trade in policy....As I am always changing my mind!

I don''t know much about the vendor you said you liked but GOG will do right by you I bet. I have not bought from them but many people here have and are happy.

Is there something you don''t like about the GOG stone? It seems like its in the right price range and size.

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
This diamond doesn''t have any pictures/images (i.e. Blue nile doesn''t actually have it physically in their officess, the picture you''re seeing is a guesstimate based on the numbers they have on their database). Blue Nile is basically a middle man who never sees the diamonds themselves UNLESS you get one of their signature diamonds. So if you want, look at those.

Also, just call whiteflash & good old gold and see if they have anything in your target size and price range. If you want, explain that you don'' t necessarily need "AGS0" quality, but you don''t want to compromise too far below it.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 1:21:11 PM
Author: peridot83

Note: don''t judge diamonds by thier ''real'' pictures. Those pictures are often misleading as you can light the diamonds, and tilt it in certain ways to make it appear more pleasing to the eye.
For clarification''s sake: James Allen posts magnified images so that you can see the inclusions more clearly. That is pretty much the only purpose of the image. Tilting the diamond at ALL would only negate our objective. You can see neither light return nor color in a magnified image, it is merely an honest representation of the diamond. If anything, the diamond will generally look better when it is NOT magnified to epic proportions.
4.gif

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Quote Eugene76: "Can you see a black small thing right in the middle of it? Think its eye visible? Thanks!"

No, but sometimes VS2 inclusions are in White rather than Black colour and that makes them even less obvious.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results