shape
carat
color
clarity

Uprong pointer size opinions please

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
So I was hoping you guys could give me your opinion on a uprong ring Im looking at getting in the next couple of months.
I would like this for a single RHR and am not really interested in a future upgrade on this one. I would a blingy presence but NOT to over the top as its for daily wear. Finger size 8.5
Choices

9 stone 20 pointer F/G VS

8 stone 23 pointer G SI 1 Im not concerned that's it an even no. Im just chasing whatever makes 30mm

7 stone 30 pointer I S1 1

I have attached a 5 stone 40 pointer below to show you would that size looks like on my finger

Many thanks :D

5_2.jpg

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look of bigger stones and I is plenty white in ideal cut stones. Cant wait to see finished ring.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, generally speaking, I've noticed U-prong style rings seem take up a bit more room on my finger than, say, shared-prong rings of similar carat weight.

I had a pre-loved 2.0cttw 9-stone U-prong ring (sz 9.75) and though I loved it, over time I realized I would have preferred only 7 stones. (2 caveats: this ring had radiant-cut diamonds, not rounds; and also this ring was too large for my finger - I ended up trading it for something else)

Right now, I have a 1.05cttw 7-stone MRB diamond single-shared-prong band (sz 9.25) and it is much more comfortable for regular wear and has a definite presence at 0.15ct each. To me, the single-prong setting shows off the round shape of the diamond with minimal metal visible. The 7 stones take up all the real estate across my finger so all I see are diamonds. (I am selling this band now but only because I'm cuckoo for an antique-cut diamond band)

So with your 8.5 finger size and a U-prong setting, I'd suggest going with the 7 x 0.20 - I think this would be eminently wearable, blingy, but not over the top.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results