shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading from 1.713 Carat I color

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
Would there be a noticeable difference between 1.874 carat, still I color?
Or go down to J and go slightly over 2 carat?

both eye clean si.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO, there would not be a noticeable difference.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can play with the dimensions of the stones to visualize the difference on this site - **edited by moderator, no affiliate linked websites please**.com

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It all depends on diameter, which is dependent on how each is cut. It is absolutely possible there could be a noticeable size difference. I know I could tell the difference of 0.25mm in two stones around the same size you are talking about.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed. It needs to be over a .2mm difference. I would not go down in color from I color. I'd wait and save until I could go to 2 cts in an I color.

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
Yea.
My first choice was a 1.874 carat I.
Now Im considering an exactly 2 carat I or two J. Probably wont go with J.
Just depends on the pictures,w hich I will have today.

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
So the three choices

1.874 I
2.0 I
2.05 J

The biggest size increase would be going for the 2.0 I i suppose , Just need to speak to accountant to make it happen.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really hard to tell anything from those pictures, but I would go with the I color stone.

sharkweb

Rough_Rock

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the J, honestly. I can't tell the color difference, and I like the look of the J better. Smaller "circle" in the very middle of the diamond.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree. The J actually looks a touch brighter to me with edge to edge brightness. The color difference seems minimal, but the cost difference is large. I would lean to the J.

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
pfunk|1429919663|3867381 said:
I agree. The J actually looks a touch brighter to me with edge to edge brightness. The color difference seems minimal, but the cost difference is large. I would lean to the J.

Yea that is what I am looking towards right now.

Spend the saving when in Japan next week!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
weepingwillow|1429942317|3867505 said:

Another reason I would go for the J is the upgrade policy at whiteflash. If you get the J and after some time feel like there is too much tint and you want to go to a higher color you can always upgrade and just pay the difference at that time. If you go with the I, you'll never be able to "downgrade" to the J and get money back. So I say save the money now and upgrade later if you feel it necessary.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pfunk|1429969346|3867602 said:
weepingwillow|1429942317|3867505 said:

Another reason I would go for the J is the upgrade policy at whiteflash. If you get the J and after some time feel like there is too much tint and you want to go to a higher color you can always upgrade and just pay the difference at that time. If you go with the I, you'll never be able to "downgrade" to the J and get money back. So I say save the money now and upgrade later if you feel it necessary.

+1 The J looks better to my eyes. It also looks to have a higher crown (may not, just looking photos) :bigsmile:

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
okay. The J it is.

another question, WF will charge me $200 to modify the prongs on my current ring (legato sleek line)
Wife would just prefer 6 prong head, which will cost +$200 additional above the cost of the ring.

WF said the current ring is just worht $200 in material cost. They can apply that towards new ring.

Is there a better way to sell the old ring?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size is the current diamond? You might be able to get a little more for it selling it yourself on loupe troop if it has a diamond size that is fairly common. But I wouldn't count on getting a lot.

I am just going to say my last comment in that the I color stone appears to be cleaner clarity-wise than the J.

She will need to really not be color sensitive to make the drop from I to J. If she isn't, then it probably will be okay. But in the overall scheme of things, I think it is worth every penny of $1200 to go up a color.

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
So here is the deal.

This may sound personal but I need to vent a bit.

A few months back I made a commitment to get super healthy. The reason why I wanted to upgrade the diamond was because I was kind of pudgy and lost 40 ponds, thanks to a vegan diet. My fiance was always so encouraging during the process, so I wanted to further show her my love.

Whether or not you believe Diamonds by love, I don't care.

Keep in mind that we just got engaged in November. We were in the maldives and it was a beautiful setting. Since then, she has been VERY VERY sick.

I finally convince her to go to the ER and guess what? The C word. Cancer.

Luckily its hasn't spread that far.

I really want to get her the engagemtn ring she deserves, but can't really go ovferboard. Perhaps around $22k.

What can I buy from WF for that price?

I would like to be 20-22k for the diamond.

Very heavy hearted tonight but I think showing her how much I cared for her when I lost weight would help her throughout the process.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results