shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade to My First/New Diamond Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful! Did they credit the entire amount of your purchase or the purchase price of the diamond?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I like the choice of the bezel b/c this is a diamond ring & not an engagement ring. Boy, that J does face up nicely. Does it have any fluor? Congratulations on your purchase! I feel a little out of the loop. I didn't know the pendant wasn't doing it for you anymore - but you have a very good point - the beauty of a diamond can't be seen on your neck!

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring PQ ! It's so sleek and beautiful. Enjoy it always.
appl.gif

The view is always better when there's a diamond in it...
10.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Mmeow asked:

"I'd always wondered how your new ring setting would look and feel in real life whenever I browsed the WF settings. So, how does it feel? Very substantial, like the rock?"

Yes, Mmeow, the ring is heavy and substantial. Each one of the Heavy Shank Half Bezels is custom made for the diamond. Quality workmanship. That's why Brian mounted the pics of my ring in the WF Copyright template. There are similar, lower quality rings on the market.

SXN asked:

"That is beautiful! Did they credit the entire amount of your purchase or the purchase price of the diamond?"

The credit was for the entire purchase price of the diamond. WF destroyed the pendant half bezel unmounting the diamond for verification. The price of the pendant and chain was really only a fraction of the total price I paid for the necklace.

IcePrincess said:

"I know everyone has already said this, but I can not believe this stone is a J!
I hope this puts to rest blanket statements about stones in this color range looking "yellow." Your new lovely really looks white and boy is it a great size! Love the arrows and that's some fire!
"

Thanks, Ice! The whole idea really pushed my thought process. I was initially considering lower carat weight H and I color diamonds. Brian's eye and my trust in and respect for him and Lesley let me go for it. If size is an objective and budget is a limiting factor, a well cut J should be given serious consideration. The color provides great bang for the buck!

F&I said:

"Wow! I like the choice of the bezel b/c this is a diamond ring & not an engagement ring. Boy, that J does face up nicely. Does it have any fluor? Congratulations on your purchase! I feel a little out of the loop. I didn't know the pendant wasn't doing it for you anymore - but you have a very good point - the beauty of a diamond can't be seen on your neck!"

I didn't intentionally exclude you dear Lady. I knew from your posts, and the fact you own a much larger I color that J would probably not be a huge leap for you. I also know you use your head but let your eye and your heart lead you as well. I sought out "Devil's Advocates" as it were for assistance. Colored Gemstone Nut gave me some interesting Cut information. ALJDewey gave me color perspective. Mara gave me a balanced point of view of size versus pricing and preference. Giangi gave me eyes. I didn't know that Giangi owns a set of Master grading stones! I loved the pendant. I miss it dearly. But I enjoy seeing the diamond myself soooo much more. And I did forget to note that the Flour is negligible.

Thank You, Fuffi, for your wonderful compliments!

One last thought. I never knew shopping at Walmart could be soooo colorful!! I had to get some groceries and some household needs so I hit the Super Center today. Everywhere I went in the store, this little headlight on my finger kept beaming at me and firing off a whole range of colors. I saw reds, orange, yellow, green, purple, and blues. It was awesome!!
1.gif

Sometimes it pays to think outside the box!
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 1/28/2004 1:08:05 AM pqcollectibles wrote:

Everywhere I went in the store, this little headlight on my finger kept beaming at me and firing off a whole range of colors. I saw reds, orange, yellow, green, purple, and blues. It was awesome!!
1.gif

Sometimes it pays to think outside the box!
2.gif

----------------

PQC, this description made me smile. All I could think of was happy you in Walmart, a walking rainbow.
1.gif
The heftiness of the setting is very appealing to me; I'd think it helps reduce the spin factor. I'd love to see more pics in different lighting.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Regarding thinking outside the box (my favorite thinking BTW) - it's interesting that your J would face up whiter than an H in the eyes of someone trained. I wonder why? It' interesting. I wonder if some stones just are whiter for some reason other than the cut factor. Maybe there is something to this whole low "H" high "H".

Anyway - enjoy! It' truly lovely. I know color doesn't really translate on a monitor - but when compared w/ the white band (and alot of it) it's *very* white.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey K-Mom!

This pic was taken in house light. Hence the golden tone. The ring was sitting on top a white box that gave a neat effect, IMHO.

F&I~
Brian said this J faced up whiter than an "I" colored diamond he had out. When Brian had my H and the J together, he saw only a subtle, barely noticible color difference. Brian felt I would not notice a change, except for size, when I got the ring. He was right!
1.gif

ACARing1.JPG

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PQ:

We are so pleased that you are so thrilled with your new diamond ring. From one who saw the real thing it is even more gorgeous in the flesh.

I happen to have a special place in my heart for the setting. I wear the very first one that was ever made by Whiteflash way back when - the shank is 18K yellow gold with a platinum half bezel. The diamond is a 1.09 G VVS1 A CUT ABOVE. The first thing PQ said was "mine's bigger than yours!!"

ENJOY!!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lesley you show admirable constraint. I'd be thinking about upgrading all the time when surrounded by all the lovely stones. Wouldn't get a thing done.
2.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Mara:

Constraint is the word :) I have some other fabulous diamonds since those early days but I just love this one and haven't parted with it. We did a fabulous promotion with Carl Lewis, the Olympic star, in 1998 and this ring was part of the promotion.

Here is my hand with the ring and platinum 3mm bands on each side. Since this picture was taken I have removed the platinum bands and now wear a diamond band featuring 3 carats total weight spring cuts. Even though we don't sell Spring cuts anymore, I just love the band and can't take it off!!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

lesley3wbands.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my band - drool!!!!! It's shared prong. Of course now we make it with our A CUT ABOVE's - I may just have to trade it out for an ACA one soon!!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Spring-Eternity.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the diamond band Lesley, that is amazing!!! Why doesn't WF sell Spring Cuts anymore?

I think you definitely need an ACA band but don't REPLACE the Spring Cut one..ADD ON!
1.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara:

I'm not giving the band away - add on sounds great. I'll post a pic. of the ACA band shortly.

We don't sell spring cuts anymore because the suppliers could not deliver what we needed and we were falling short of customer expectations - a BIG NO NO for Whiteflash.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/28/2004 10:57:25 AM fire&ice wrote:

Maybe there is something to this whole low 'H' high 'H'

----------------

I tend to think that there IS something to the "low H, high H" business. When I phoned Brian, he compared two H diamonds for me side-by-side, and he noted that while both were H diamonds, mine looked slightly "whiter" than the other.

This was independently confirmed when, without having shared those comments with Rich Sherwood, he got my diamond and said "not only is it a top, top, top SI2, it's a HIGH H as well."

I kind of think of it as being similar to A+, A, and A-. All are As, but bear subtle differences between them.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Lesley~

You forgot to add the
3.gif
at the end! HeeeHeee!!

AL, I think you're right about the High end of a color range. Brian didn't say this diamond was, but I've seen other J's and they aren't as nice as this one. This one is clear thru the pavillion. Not tinted at all. Brian would probably tell me it's a function of the hue saturation! HeeHee! Whatever, it looks great in the platinum. And you were sooooo right, AL. It is HUGE!!

Any chance of "borrowing" that Spring Cut band, Lesley????
9.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I know it has been said hundreds of times but I still want to say congratulations, PQ! What a stunning ring!

When I saw the pictures I was noticing the color - because it is so WHITE! I was thinking 'PC must got herself an F stone' So imagine how shocked I was when I scrolled down to see letter J!
eek.gif

I have always like bezel setting for pendants but never know it works so well on rings. Well done, PQ!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/28/2004 11:09:56 PM pqcollectibles wrote:

Any chance of 'borrowing' that Spring Cut band, Lesley????
9.gif

----------------
Get in line, gal!
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------

Lesley~

Brian would probably tell me it's a function of the hue saturation! ---------

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about - what does that really mean? My jeweler used the same lingo.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/29/2004 10:12:02 AM fire&ice wrote:

----------------

Lesley~

Brian would probably tell me it's a function of the hue saturation! ---------

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about - what does that really mean? My jeweler used the same lingo.
----------------

I can kinda, sorta explain that one F&I. Brian explained it to me.

The color grade of a diamond is a function of hue saturation. The higher the level of hue, the higher the color grade. D has the least (maybe none, not sure there), E has slightly more, F has more than E, and so on up the scale.

Hue comes in a variety of colors depending on the rough. Hue can be yellow, brown, blue, green, bluish-green, etc. Brian rattled off a whole list of color variations he's seen.
1.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
As promised, here are pictures of our shared prong platinum band featuring A CUT ABOVE melee. This ring has 1.05 tw ACA diamonds - each one is .05 ct

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

SD-PRONG-FL-ET.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Couldn't resist this picture....look at that arrows pattern !!!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

SD-PRONG-FL-ETTOP.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Lesley, that's amazing! Such perfection in such little stones. That ring must sparkle like crazy!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That's really incredible craftsmanship, Lesley!
love.gif

PQ, thank you for the kind words and once again your ring is just amazing!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOH that ring is PURTY..... Hmmmmmm....
2.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------

>'

The credit was for the entire purchase price of the diamond. WF destroyed the pendant half bezel unmounting the diamond for verification. The price of the pendant and chain was really only a fraction of the total price I paid for the necklace.

----------------

Ouch -- I loved your pendant. But, your new ring is truly stunning. I love the way it looks sleek and substantial at the same time. Like, the others, I did a double-take when I read "J" because it does not look at all yellow. Wear it in good health.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/30/2004 6:16:10 PM Kay wrote:

----------------

>'

----------------

Ouch -- I loved your pendant. But, your new ring is truly stunning. I love the way it looks sleek and substantial at the same time. Like, the others, I did a double-take when I read 'J' because it does not look at all yellow. Wear it in good health.----------------

Lesley told me more than a few times, "We will destroy the bezel removing the diamond. There is just no other way to verify the stone." I think she wanted to be absolutely certain that I was sure about the upgrade.

It looks like a bigger version of my 3/4 carat H. White and sparkly. Thanks for the compliments, Kay. It's such a comfortable ring, I feel like it's been there my whole life.
1.gif

Lesley, That is an absolutely stunning band!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results