shape
carat
color
clarity

Update !!! Update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

just looking

Rough_Rock
Ok, first of all thanks for everyone’s help in my first posting. My first posting stats were;
Petite ring finger size 5, emerald cut, f-h, vs-s1. Well, we went shopping and oddly enough my original thoughts were way off. The best looking ring on her finger was a 1.5-1.75 TW and the style was not a emerald but a round. The emerald setting was too geometric for her hand and the style of the setting for the round was much more smooth thus making her hand look much more feminine or at least that’s what she thought.

I have down some price checks and just so everyone knows if you haven’t checked, those tremendous deals on Ebay are not so tremendous, they are actually higher in most cases or at least they were for loose stones. Whether or not those vendors will come down to compete is a different story that will later play out. Since I will be buying three stones total for a total weight of 1.5-2 cts TW will this give me any buying power if I stick to one vendor? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks again in advance for everyone help and if you have any thoughts on round, clarity and cut concerning this style and what may look best, please feel free to gibe me some input.

Regards,
Matt
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looking: glad to hear you "test drove" some stone shapes and decided which looked best on your lady''s hand. I''m sure some experts will chime in with their opinions! I am also sure you can get a gorgeous three stone ring for your budget. Although I don''t have experience buying diamonds from ebay vendors, I do think that you would be better off playing if safe and using vendors who advertise here on PS as far as diamonds. Whether they will "cut you a deal" because you are buying more than one stone, I don''t know. There are several vendors here (see the homepage of PS for more info) who give a PS discount, and some give a "wire transfer" discount. I''m sure all of the featured vendors would be happy to work with you and your budget. After being a member of PS since Aug. of 2005, and reading a great deal here, I would feel very confident in buying stones online through the vendors here (the opportunity has not presented itself to me yet, unfortunately!) Good luck!
face1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You are wise to actually go out and try on different types of rings. Sometimes what we think we want is not what we end up getting at all. Personally I am VERY leery about buying off Ebay especially for something valuable like a diamond. Some of the pricescope vendors have some really nice three stone rings. Check out their websites and compare diamond prices. Also I have a size five finger and I love my three stone ring with round diamonds! I think you can get a real value if you can find eye clean SI stones. As for color it depends on your personal preferences, but obviously the lower you are willing to go the more money you can save. However the three stones need to match fairly closely and I would not compromise on cut.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matt, whatever you do, DON"T buy diamonds off of ebay! We are very fresh into an Ebay horror story, so I hate to see anyone else go through that! So you have now been officially warned!

PirceScope has a nice list of reliable vendors, most of whom have nice return policies and even trade-up policies. Their reputations are at stake if they ever thought of misrepresenting something because people do buy from them and then post their experiences here. I wouldn''t buy a diamond from a random internet site either. There are good checks and balances for the ones here. And I do not work for them, by the way! I''m just careful about where I spend big bucks!

(I think I replied to you on another thread regarding your three stone, if I am not mistaken.)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, first, please, please, please, STAY AWAY FROM EBAY!! if you type in a search here a bunch of threads will come up and most are not the "i''m so happy" kind. You are much better off dealing with a reputable vendor that you can trust.

The vendors here put together 3 stone rings all the time, or you might find a premade setting where the sidestones are already included. You may want to some reading on some of the vendors listed here. GoodoldGold, Whiteflash, James allen, Pearlmans, winfields, Engagement rings direct, are some of the more popular ones. They all have bricks and mortor stores as well. You might start by looking to see if any of them are local for you. If so, go and visit. Many times someone may choose a vendor who has in stock what they are looking for. There is a search my diamond function on the home page, you might start by intering in your specs and see what comes up. also, if you haven''t read the Tutorial yet, you should time the time to do so.

P.S. i''m so glad you went and tried some on. It really makes all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results