shape
carat
color
clarity

Update to "10 yr anniv gift HURTS!" and a thank you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
I recently posted about my new eternity band being too uncomfortable to wear .

Original post here

After doing a lot of reading and looking online (especially the SMTR thread called "Show Me your Diamond Eternity Sets" I fell in love with the look of the super-thin, delicate bands. DH and I decided we could return my band and exchange it for a set-- I''d wear my platinum wedding band, reset my solitaire, and wear the other band as the anniversary band. I spoke with Signed Pieces and was pretty close to getting their set, but yesterday I tried on the Memoire Set (like lsmathis'' e-ring with the matching band) and it was all she wrote.
30.gif
Definitely pricey but the fit and workmanship on those rings is wonderful.

Wow, the way those two thin bands fit together-- it''s like a puzzle. Those bands feel like air on my fingers, so beautiful and sparkly and so comfortable! I will get my set in 3 weeks and I cannot wait to see my diamond in its new setting!

I really appreciate all the wonderful ideas and advice from this forum. Seeing photos of your beautiful rings (especially the hand shots) was incredibly helpful! You guys are great.
Thank you!
35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! What a difference to go from your big eternity band to one that "feels like air!"

So, you are having your engagement ring re-set? Will there be diamonds on the band of it like Istmus's?

Here is her ring:
lsmathis%20ring%200205%20copy.JPG

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Yes, Patty, it will be reset into the Memoire e-band. Thanks for asking! I am really excited. That other band (though very sparkly at 3.75 ctw!) was so pinchy and just too big for my finger.
Here's a picture of the set:

tppnewset.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
ringsoff.JPG

bluedawg, your new set will be BEAUTIFUL!
36.gif

I posted your old set here so people can see what the change will be.

I think that the diamond eternity set or half eternity set should just be called the "Pricescope set" from now on.

It is by far the most popular look that we see here!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
patty, the funny thing is that 2.5 years ago when we were looking, eternity and/or half eternity was NOT popular at all...there were only a few people I'd ever seen with it, and my ring set was definitely not seen before by myself anywhere, not on PS and not by any of my friends or family!! now similar sets are all over!! full eternity, half eternity, shared prong, 4 pronged, pave, bead set.

i couldn't find anything like the SP set, the Memoire set, my own 4 pronged set, the A. Jaffe set. The only ones I found were Tacori which were too decorated for our taste (more Greg's dislike) and the Michael B which were too pricey. So it's definitely a more recent trend, but one i really love...hee hee.

blue...the set looks fabulous!! what size is your center stone? Please post pictures when you get everything all done, it should be amazing. Congrats!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mara, you were ahead of your time.
36.gif

Cutting edge!

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2005 8:18:53 PM
Author: Mara

blue...the set looks fabulous!! what size is your center stone? Please post pictures when you get everything all done, it should be amazing. Congrats!

Thanks. Your set was definitely an inspiration. I think it's fabulous. My diamond is a 1.0 carat RB, H, VS1. I made sure to ask about modifying the head/prongs in the future b/c DH has hinted about an upgrade to a 1.5+ stone this year.
4.gif

Funny thing... at our jeweler's yesterday, we were discussing that 10 years ago, it was nearly impossible to find platinum at all. When DH ordered my e-ring setting in platinum, it was a rare request. We had to special order our WBs ( I had seen them in Bride's magazine)! Now, almost half the cases in the store are filled with platinum.Tons of choices. Looks like we were both "cutting edge" in our own way.

BTW, there was a Ritani set that I liked a lot and a Verragio (sp?) but nothing felt and looked as perfect on my finger (and beside my WB) as that Memoire.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh how very exciting. You must post pictures when your new set arrives.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results