shape
carat
color
clarity

UGLY diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arin

Rough_Rock
There are some very ugly diamonds on E-bay!! I ran across this one, Item # 2686615530 the auction ended at like $300 for this 3+ carat I3 ....just for a laugh/fright check it out! The winner of this one must not have looked at the pictures!

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Actually, some bidder paid closer to $550 USD for that chunk of dirt -- 300 GBP!!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Wow, goes to show you that there's just no accounting for taste...

gmpi

Rough_Rock
I would have paid 300 for this just to see the look on my/gf's face. Ebay is a scary place

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey people...it's NOT the ring that matters...it's the sentiment. but you have to apreciate a guy who gives you a stone as lovely as THAT one on E-Bay!
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww! It's gross!
eek.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We see some real charmers here from eBay. Ones that have a massive amounts of bids on them! You really gotta wonder!!!
confused.gif

harleywoman

Rough_Rock
Did you happen to check the bidders and notice that none of them had any bidding experience as well as no diamond experience?

lislaz

Rough_Rock
AAAAAAACK! That is fugly, I'm sorry someone paid for that. oh well.

harleywoman

Rough_Rock
But think now. Some one will get that in the mail and be so happy and wear it. I just feel sorry for them when the first person goes, "Oh my, you mean you actually paid money for that thing?"

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone see something like that being worn? Not on some drilling tool that is... If bad taste would hurt, that Ebay store would start an epidemic
angryfire.gif
Online there is no salesman to force the biuyer' hand; I wish I understood WHY people pay anything at all for these... puzzling indded.
eek.gif

Marketers out there, any ideas?

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Maybe she just wanted bragging rights to a huge diamond ring?

It is a bigger solitaire than many celebrities, and at that size she even has a ready-made excuse for not wearing it in public and leaving it locked up.

(where, IMHO, it belongs...)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/29/2004 12:25:53 AM Griffin wrote:

Maybe she just wanted bragging rights to a huge diamond ring?

It is a bigger solitaire than many celebrities, and at that size she even has a ready-made excuse for not wearing it in public and leaving it locked up.

(where, IMHO, it belongs...)
----------------

True... can't people just lie anymore ???? Darn...
Oh well...

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
What a total waste of perfectly good money! It looks like a lump of coal. The money would have been better spent on ANYTHING else. It's true, you can sell anything on EBAY. Wow, there's a sucker born every minute...

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
The quality of some Ebay stones inspired my avatar. I just can't see anyone ever buying ever less than I1.

Why do even people cut an I3, for an apprentice's practice?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Science Fair Project???
confused.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Someone bought one of those against all of our advice here (it wasn't *as* bad), proposed in a public spot & girlfriend was absolutely thrilled with the size.

Different strokes for different folks.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, being a simple and plain look person, I LOVE this little bling bling...but the price...is THAT what a 1.5 pink diamond in this type setting goes for? Or did E-Bay overprice it...*GASP* NO! NOT E-BAY!
wink2.gif

The 1.5 Mini J-Lo

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/29/2004 7:43:47 PM Nicrez wrote:

Is THAT what a 1.5 pink diamond in this type setting goes for? ----------------

Of course not! That is a light pink, with serious clarity I-type faults (do not believe that this feature does not affect fancys' price, it is not true) and, more importantly, eneven color (if you look on the cert, it says "Distribution-not applicable" ) - all these sliced the price to anywhere between 2/3 to 1/2 of what I would expect otherwise. What nice pinks go for? the same store has a nice intense oval at below .9cts and twice the price. That's it. Of course, there are also vivids out there and purplish-pinks which are for some reason more expensive by definition. A deep-intense would be priced about as high as a fancy (without the "light" modifier) and those are a rather good buy.... Why? Actually I don't get it, but the market is king.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/29/2004 7:25:13 PM Zoologico wrote:

Wow.

Not bad. Lord knows if you get that same one in the mail.
----------------

The "object" seems to be decently cut, but it was clarity enhanced to an SI3 or worse (as much as that picture allows to see a the obvious inclusions). So... the price is not such charity after all. But these stones (ok, maybe less included) are great earring makers. If you can live with the idea that there is some "salt" added to those diamonds, why not get 3cts of H&A studs for 7k? Of course, the smaller the stones, the less probable anyone can ever guess the trick. Actually, I am quite surprised there isn't more talk about clarity enhanced goods around here...

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 1/28/2004 11:59:26 PM valeria101 wrote:

Did anyone see something like that being worn? Not on some drilling tool that is... If bad taste would hurt, that Ebay store would start an epidemic
angryfire.gif
Online there is no salesman to force the biuyer' hand; I wish I understood WHY people pay anything at all for these... puzzling indded.
eek.gif

Marketers out there, any ideas?----------------

Size, and price point.
1.gif

I don't think these buyers are as dumb as we'd maybe like to believe. They're certainly not being misled in this instance. I think they know pretty much what they're getting. Size, and price point.
1.gif

gunsuka

Rough_Rock
Trade
I've purchased on eBay - with the understanding that I was purchasing junk diamonds.

I wanted to see in real what people were ending up with when they purchase this 'diamonds'. I did up an article, with some photos in hopes that some people will get an understanding of what they may get off eBay at these crazy prices. My second diamond purchase has to be the worst diamond (in real or in photo) ever, I'm attaching a photo of it!

dud.jpg

Claybear1625

Rough_Rock
Im enrolled in the Graduate Gemologist program through GIA and just finished and passed the Diamond & Diamond Grading course and thought it would be good for me to have some loose diamonds with inclusions to practice on...well I checked on Ebay and had a good laugh, if you get a moment check out #2686603177.

Zoologico

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 1/30/2004 11:35:25 AM chris00nj wrote:

----------------
On 1/29/2004 7:25:13 PM Zoologico wrote:

Wow.

Well check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2683701579&category=42948

Not bad. Lord knows if you get that same one in the mail.
----------------

Clarity-enhanced goes by another name... fracture-filled. Now that doesn't sound as good now does it? ----------------

Well from the pics, it looks much better than what the details are so like I said, "Lord knows if you get that same one in the mail."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results