shape
carat
color
clarity

Two interesting patented cuts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been meaning to do this for awhile but only recently got some time with the scanner. I purchased a bridal magazine and saw these two "interesting" cuts I thought I''d share...see if anyone''s actually seen either of these. Neither are my cup of tea, but I thought they might be interesting to discuss on PS.

The first is the "barocut" diamond, the appeal being that there are two hearts facing each other in the stone. Kinda like a weird emerald cut but without the step faceting. I''m not a big fan of the dead space in the center.

The second is the "calla" cut...a supposed hybrid between a marquise and a rb. Again, kinda funky to me but an interesting concept.

Here''s the barocut

barokacut.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I only see the baroka...its not for me...looks messy. I dont think most would be able to see the hearts with out them being pointed out. It seems messy and unfinished IMO.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 3:11:34 PM
Author: FireGoddess
here''s the calla
Oh you know Marieah Carrey will be getting one of those Butterflys. It is an intreasting idea but seems better suited for side stones rather a center stone.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the "barocut" is big time gross it looks like an hourglass.
Who would want an hourglass on their finger??

The calla would be nice for a butterfly pendant but too busy for a ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It DOES look like an hourglass, doesn''t it? Like time''s ticking away on your hand...AGH! It''s so weird with the center of the stone just looking like glass, w/o any faceting. Not a fan. The calla is an interesting concept but it just looks like those tips would be even MORE prone to snapping right off...maybe marquise lovers will like it but it''s a little funky to me...notice how none of their rings have just one calla as a centerstone...hmmmm....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The calla would make a nice dragon fly pin or pendant.

use 2 for the wings a smaller one for the head then a long marquise for the body/tail.
Would look kewl.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Not to be bitchy, but to me it looks like with the Cala that they were just trying to leave a bit more of the stone to up the carat weight...jmo.

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
The Baroka looks like something most of us would want to avoid "the fisheye effect." It''s hideous IMHO with all the dead space. I think the Calla could be pretty for things like other people commented on i.e. butterflies and dragonflies, but not for an e-ring, unless maybe something for sides, but I''m not really a fan of either. Thanks for sharing the pictures though, it''s interesting that they are ''inventing'' new shapes, kind of looks like "cuts gone wrong."

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
The baroka looks like the cutter went on his/her lunch break and forgot to finish it:) The other cut is just odd looking IMO.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 8:53:03 PM
Author: dazedland
The Baroka looks like something most of us would want to avoid ''the fisheye effect.''
The Baroka is REALLY ugly. . .fish eye is what I am thinking too. What a waste of diamond!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking fish eye too, what a waste, IMHO. They are what I call fugly!!!!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results