shape
carat
color
clarity

Two ASET Images. Give your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hmwrk

Rough_Rock
I am gong to buy one of these cushion cut diamonds very shortly. I just can decide between the GIA 1.45 si1 with excellent polish and very good symetry but has an inclusion under the table and An AGS 1.48 vsi1 with very good polish and very good symetry. I have seen these two under various lighting and they perform very close to one another. The 1.48 is $1000.00 more expensive. Any opinions? The video is interesting too. I am interested in the one in the middle and the one on the right.

http://www.vimeo.com/7365331

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 8:34:07 PM
Author: hmwrk
I am working on attaching the images. Need to make them smaller for pricescope.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6468/
The cut of this particular stone is absolutely fantastic. IMO this is the best cut of any of the August Vintage cushions and would be my choice by far. The symmetry is particularly fantastic and the light return under the table is the brightest for this one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hmwrk

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 1:09:13 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

The cut of this particular stone is absolutely fantastic. IMO this is the best cut of any of the August Vintage cushions and would be my choice by far. The symmetry is particularly fantastic and the light return under the table is the brightest for this one.

I have been gravitating toward that diamond myself.

It appears I posted a link to the same diamond twice. woops.

I was surprised that the AGS very good looked better than the GIA very good. My understanding is that the GIA very good would be an AGS "good" The AGS looks brighter, the ASET image from my very limited expierence looks better. I just wanted someone who has experience looking at ASET images on cushions to weigh in and you did. Thank you very much for your opinion. I have learned a lot from this website and I think I am about to put together something that is way way beyond what can be bought at the mall.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 10:42:11 AM

Date: 11/1/2009 1:09:13 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

I have been gravitating toward that diamond myself.

It appears I posted a link to the same diamond twice. woops.

I was surprised that the AGS very good looked better than the GIA very good. My understanding is that the GIA very good would be an AGS ''good'' The AGS looks brighter, the ASET image from my very limited expierence looks better. I just wanted someone who has experience looking at ASET images on cushions to weigh in and you did. Thank you very much for your opinion. I have learned a lot from this website and I think I am about to put together something that is way way beyond what can be bought at the mall.
Don''t confuse Polish and Symmetry grades with Cut grading. Neither AGS nor GIA are grading Cut on the certificates you are looking at, and as of yet GIA does not grade the cut of cushions.
AGS will grade cushions but it applies similar standards as that of rounds so only the Square Cushion Hearts and Arrows gets a top grade.

Polish and Symmetry are finish grades and you would be hard pressed to tell with the naked eye between Very Good and Excellent in either of these (with some exceptions that you shouldn''t worry about in these stones).

I would say all three are excellent stones, I like the aset of the 1.48 the best as it is the most symmetrical and even the minor mains are also all red in the ASET.
The video comparison also shows the brightest for this stone although it is a suttle difference. I happen to like very square stones with perfectly even pavillion mains.

Also with the other two you''d have to worry about whether they are eye clean to your standards (you could ask Jon or Sarah) with this one that is a given but you do have to pay $1000 more its well worth IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results