shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying again for some help

TalldrinkH2o

Rough_Rock
I gave the jeweler 6 GIA stones that i found on the various sites He said he could only find 2 of them-unfortunately not my two favorites. I was hoping for at least 3 stones including at least one of my top 2. As i mentioned- They are an estate jeweler not a conventional jeweler so they don't deal with wholesalers regularly. He supplies many jewelers with estate pieces and told me he can contact some of them but have not located the diamonds I really wanted. I know one wholesaler they have contact with is mj gross. Does each jeweler only have access to certain wholesalers? I trust this jeweler and have known them for many years. They are very nice and well respected. I don't think they are lying to me? Why would they not want to get the diamonds that I liked best? One is the most expensive by far of the bunch -what would the motivation be not to find them? There has to be a way to research any given GIA and find who has it. I appreciate your help.
Speaking with them this weekend. Please kindly advise.

napatastic

Rough_Rock
Hello there! I know you said you are going to talk to the jeweler this weekend, so its possible you may have already done this but I figured I would still reply. Add to that, that I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert on any of this and I hope you will take this with a grain of salt. You said that you trust this jeweler, have worked with them for several years and do not think they are lying to you about not being about to get the stones you requested to see and I have to agree with you! I can not even begin to imagine a scenario where a respected and trusted jeweler would ever lie to you, especially about something like this that I doubt needs to be lied about. Jewelers make their money off of their reputations, so I do not think they would risk tarnishing their reputation lying about something silly like this. Again, I am not an expert, and maybe my reply will bump this to the top of the list and a real expert will chime in for you, but I can think of several reasons that the stones may not be available to the jeweler. You are interested in the diamonds, so odds are good that someone else might be too, in which case the diamonds may be on hold or in-house at another jeweler for one of THEIR clients to see. Also I believe that diamonds are sent to jewelers all over the world, so some of the diamonds may be in another country and the jeweler does not want to pay to have them shipped to the states. Here is my advice: Ask the jeweler why he/she is unable to bring the diamonds in, you have worked with them before and trust them, so I imagine you will be able to trust their answer. And hopefully they will be able to explain what the problem is and possibly steer you in the direction of a few other diamonds to add to your list. Or you could list what you are looking for and your budget (I would suggest starting a new topic for it) and the PS prosumers can dazzle you with their uncanny ability to pull amazing diamonds and deals out of all the thousands of diamonds in the online inventories. Either way, good luck! I hope you are able to find the perfect diamond for you, so you can come back and post pictures here :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results