shape
carat
color
clarity

Torn...Facets Channel Set Eternity or Whiteflash Honey Band

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Hi PS,

I'm on the hunt for a wedding band and I've decided that I want a small channel set band. I am torn between Facets eternity and WF Honey! I know that full eternity bands can't be resized and that isn't a concern. Are the ACA's that much better? I'm leaning towards Facets because they are a lower profile and I will be pairing it with my 3 stone trellis.

I need all your expert opinions! I have to buy a ring soon! I have less than 3 months until I become MRS!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Torn...Facets Channel Set Eternity or Whiteflash Honey B

I have the facets and I :love: Love :love: it! My husband was considering the honey, but for the size I wanted for my finger, I was concerned that it wouldn't be that impressive. I have WF's scatter band, and I also love it. I can't tell the difference in the sparkle bx the Facets band and the WF Scatter. I wear them together. :D I wish I had pics, but my computer (and camera) have issues...

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I have the 2.3 mm Facets band and I'm VERY happy with it. I was considering the honey band as well but went with the Facets band because of the lower profile and I think the "channels" have a little less metal. I'm off to bed but I'll post pics tomorrow.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

geisha_gyrl|1328149983|3116917 said:
Hi PS,

I'm on the hunt for a wedding band and I've decided that I want a small channel set band. I am torn between Facets eternity and WF Honey! I know that full eternity bands can't be resized and that isn't a concern. Are the ACA's that much better? I'm leaning towards Facets because they are a lower profile and I will be pairing it with my 3 stone trellis.

I need all your expert opinions! I have to buy a ring soon! I have less than 3 months until I become MRS!
Ive never owned a channel set from Facets, but one is on my radar still. Their diamonds are quite lovely, and I have been pretty happy with just about everything I've ever gotten from them.

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your opinions!

Stargurl and Ame, I've read some of your other posts and admire your rings!

Cozy, I also think the honey is a bit too narrow. And like Stargurl, I think there is less metal on the Facets eternity which is a plus!

I'm glad to hear that all of you are happy with your rings from Facets. You just made my decision that much simpler! I'm contacting Leah today!

Thanks again ladies! I appreciate it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

The way they make their rings is what is a selling point for me. A die-struck ring will be WAY stronger than a cast one.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't think you would notice much difference in person with the diamonds.

What about ordering both and returning the one you don't like?

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

Hi Dreamer,

I guess I could have done that since both rings are stock items. I already ordered the one from Facets so if I don't like it for some reason, I can send it back and order the honey. However, I doubt it will be necessary. I'd hate to order both now and send one back. I feel like I'm wasting their time by doing that. Call me crazy.

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

ame|1328199332|3117321 said:
The way they make their rings is what is a selling point for me. A die-struck ring will be WAY stronger than a cast one.

That's an interesting fact...additional security is always a plus!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

No, not crazy, I would feel the same.

I think the facets band is higher ct weight too, even accounting for the full versus three-quarter difference. It might have less metal in the channel part too because it is die struck.

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

It appears to have less metal and that is what I was looking for so I think I may have a winner. I think you're right about the ct weight. I think they use slightly larger stones. For the price, I really can't complain. I'll cross my fingers and hopefully when I receive it, I can be another happy customer.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Ok, I'll skip posting pis of mine since you've already seen them. Glad to hear you ordered the Facets band! I will say that when I first got mine it sat too high off of the finger (2.2mm vs the 1.5mm listed on the site). I contacted Leah and she had me send the band back and they re-made the band for me and it turned out perfect. So if you have any trouble (which I'm sure you won't), they have awesome customer service. Be sure to post pics as soon as you get it!!

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

stargurl78|1328239621|3117998 said:
Ok, I'll skip posting pis of mine since you've already seen them. Glad to hear you ordered the Facets band! I will say that when I first got mine it sat too high off of the finger (2.2mm vs the 1.5mm listed on the site). I contacted Leah and she had me send the band back and they re-made the band for me and it turned out perfect. So if you have any trouble (which I'm sure you won't), they have awesome customer service. Be sure to post pics as soon as you get it!!

Hopefully, it will be correct height. I confirmed the 1.5mm height with Leah so I hope it's the correct height when I receive it. I'd hate to send it back. I went through enough issues with my ER.

I'll definiteyly post pics as soon as I get it. I can't wait!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll be really interested to see how it looks and hear what you think - please post lots of pics of whichever one you choose!!

I'm flirting with the idea of getting a channel band myself (and it'd have to be 1.5mm high like yours)...

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

Yssie|1328306161|3118514 said:
I'll be really interested to see how it looks and hear what you think - please post lots of pics of whichever one you choose!!

I'm flirting with the idea of getting a channel band myself (and it'd have to be 1.5mm high like yours)...

I'll definitely post pics when I get it. Would this be paired with your new ring?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

geisha_gyrl|1328307030|3118518 said:

I'll definitely post pics when I get it. Would this be paired with your new ring?

Yup! I'm just not sure... I LOVE MGR's set in photos but I've never seen anything like it IRL and I didn't like channel bands with my threestone... I guess the smart thing would be to make some time to try some rings on!

There's definitely a balance, and I tend to err on the conservative side when it comes to pave and I imagine the walls of a channel band help mitigate the mishmashofsparkle effect, so I'm wondering if perhaps thicker walls would be more complementary...? I'll be watching to see what you think!

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

Yssie|1328308033|3118530 said:

Yup! I'm just not sure... I LOVE MGR's set in photos but I've never seen anything like it IRL and I didn't like channel bands with my threestone... I guess the smart thing would be to make some time to try some rings on!

There's definitely a balance, and I tend to err on the conservative side when it comes to pave and I imagine the walls of a channel band help mitigate the mishmashofsparkle effect, so I'm wondering if perhaps thicker walls would be more complementary...? I'll be watching to see what you think!

More sparkle?? :lol: Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous and ginormous! I guess a girl can never have enough sparkle.

I agree - I love MGR's set. I tried on a Tiffany 2mm and 3mm band when I had the original ring and I liked the look. Our rings are nowhere near the size or have the detail of yours. I personally love your plain band and the detailing of your new band. I will probably get a pair of low dome 1.5-2 mm bands after the wedding. Maybe I'm wrong but I think plain bands emphasize the bling of the ER.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

geisha_gyrl|1328309834|3118548 said:

More sparkle?? :lol: Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous and ginormous! I guess a girl can never have enough sparkle.

I agree - I love MGR's set. I tried on a Tiffany 2mm and 3mm band when I had the original ring and I liked the look. Our rings are nowhere near the size or have the detail of yours. I personally love your plain band and the detailing of your new band. I will probably get a pair of low dome 1.5-2 mm bands after the wedding. Maybe I'm wrong but I think plain bands emphasize the bling of the ER.

Yeah, I think you're right! I got a couple of hammered matte-finish bands on etsy in 14k pink and 22k yellow to add some colour and texture, and more often than not I'm wearing it with my old plain wg round band! So I definitely think getting a couple (or at least one!) plain band is a good idea ::)

I'm going to have to splurge on a plain matching metal band. I was hoping to avoid it - the prices for palladium-wg are horrifying - but clearly I am too mundane at heart for extra colour and texture (and I assume sparkle) 24/7!

When does your band come in?

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

Yssie|1328548628|3120164 said:

Yeah, I think you're right! I got a couple of hammered matte-finish bands on etsy in 14k pink and 22k yellow to add some colour and texture, and more often than not I'm wearing it with my old plain wg round band! So I definitely think getting a couple (or at least one!) plain band is a good idea ::)

I'm going to have to splurge on a plain matching metal band. I was hoping to avoid it - the prices for palladium-wg are horrifying - but clearly I am too mundane at heart for extra colour and texture (and I assume sparkle) 24/7!

I haven't looked at the prices for palladium wg. Is it that bad? I just bought my FH wedding band. It was a Benchmark Palladium dual finish band and it was fairly pricey. I'm sure part of it was the brand but Palladium does seem to be a bit higher than WG.

I know you will get the matching band sooner than later.

Leah didn't give me a definite date yet. She just said 3-4 weeks..... I'm hoping it will be here by the end of the month.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

geisha_gyrl|1328550036|3120176 said:
Yssie|1328548628|3120164 said:

I haven't looked at the prices for palladium wg. Is it that bad? I just bought my FH wedding band. It was a Benchmark Palladium dual finish band and it was fairly pricey. I'm sure part of it was the brand but Palladium does seem to be a bit higher than WG.

I know you will get the matching band sooner than later.

Leah didn't give me a definite date yet. She just said 3-4 weeks..... I'm hoping it will be here by the end of the month.

It's probably not that bad? All the quotes are 400-500 - but that just seems like a LOT for a plain domed band, when e-wb has Ni alloy bands of exactly the right type for half that! But they won't work w/ the Pd alloy, sadly.

I'll have my fingers crossed for end of month delivery! :bigsmile:

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

My ring was delivered last week but I've been busy. All I have is a crappy blackberry pic but you get the idea. It's pretty and dainty - maybe a bit too dainty? I'll let you be the judge. Once I get a chance to take quality photos, I'll re-post in SMTB. Thanks again for all your advice!

Atlanta-20120301-00148.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Me too. I love your three stone too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Make it a third! I think it looks great!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think it looks just perfect!!

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock

Looks perfect to me as well!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Not to dainty! It is PERFECT!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Can you provide the link for this ring pretty please :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I feel like a stalker, I just LOVE this pairing.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm in agreement with all the others above- it is in perfect proportion to your gorgeous (wait... I meant .."GORGEOUS"!!!) 3 stone e ring. It adds bling without being overwhelming and 'pushy' - it compliments it perfectly and lets your 3 stone take centre stage.

I :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: your selection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results