shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips for selling YG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a few YG pieces I'd like to sell but I've never sold jewelry before. What's the best way, in your opinion, to go about this? A few of the pieces I have are a bit dated, so I'm not sure about trying to list them on DB or go through Pearlman's. Any tips?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too.... me too... good question!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they are high ticket items that you are expecting a good deal of money from I would go consignment, if not I would go through DB.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go somewhere local and find out how many grams of what type of gold you have. Then use the Pearlmans website calculator to find out how much Pearlmans would give you. Then see if anyone local will match or beat that.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are the items really dated? Then you can sell for the gold weight. The best thing, in that case, is to weight out your pieces on a postal scale prior to going into any shop so you know that they're not trying to pull a fast one. I have sold gold, as scrap gold, and called everywhere to get the best price I could. Most of the stuff was very dated!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your help Amy, DS, Gypsy, and MC. I really appreciate it! I'll make sure to weigh the pieces I have and check out Pearlman's site. I'll also consider DB too.

May, it looks like we have a few suggestions to go on. What are you planning on selling?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto others- if you don't think the items will sell cause theybare too dated then selling for scrap gold is an option as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results