shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Style Solitaire with Baguettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
This setting is offered by WF

I like it but was wondering if anyone knew of any comparable settings?

thanks

"Tiffany" style solitaire Engagement Ring with 0.35ct tw tapered baguettes.

gi_GA89.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to change my response after seeing the second picture, I like it a lot, also like the one from vatche that you were looking at .

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
I like the pear sides but that is out of my price range.

This one has two side stones and is in my price range.

I was also thinking baguettes might take less away from the center stone compared to two side pears?

The Baguesttes are F-G color

I am looking at H or I for the center....do you guys these stones would work together?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great setting, a timeless classic. Oh and a nice channel set diamond eternity band with baguettes and rounds would look great with it too!!!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a pretty standard setting and I think just about any of the PS vendors would carry it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the simplicity of this setting very much!
2.gif

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/15/2005 4:26:08 PM
Author: mrssalvo
That''s a pretty standard setting and I think just about any of the PS vendors would carry it.
Maybe I am not a good searcher but I can not find anything similar?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a few shots of mine - it''s the Vatche, with a 0.52ct center, ring size 5.5

DSC02251small.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another...

DSC02250small.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another...

DSC02249small.jpg

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
Very nice ECF

maybe a silly question but do you like your setting?

what color is your RB?

I was thinking of looking for a nice H or I and the baguettes at WF are F or G

will this combo be ok?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2005 8:54:21 AM
Author: USFBulls
Date: 5/15/2005 4:26:08 PM

Author: mrssalvo

Maybe I am not a good searcher but I can not find anything similar?

they may not have pics on their sites but if you called them and told them what you are looking forward I doubt they would have much trouble getting it. Wf is great though, i have puchased an eternity band from them.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my setting - I recently moved this stone to this setting, as we were acquiring an upgrade. This stone is a G - a decent "60/60" cut. I am very color sensitive, and I can see the color in my G - but I honestly think the baguettes are even more colorless - they are quite white next to my G (but I know I''m the only one who sees this, and only at certain angles in certain lighting conditions), and I know step cuts are supposed to show color more! I love the setting - all 3 stones line up well in height (see profile view) and I do not snag or catch it on anything. It is quite delicate, classy, and does show off all the stones very well - I''ve been very happy with it. I think the baguettes look great with the round - they "point" to it - to say "look at me!" - they don''t "fight" with it at all. This stone has never looked better to me than it does now - the old setting just didn''t do it justice, and I wish I had done this earlier!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is low - not as high as many soloitaire styles - but has enough height to allow light in under the basket, which looks very nice in profile, esp in bright sunlight. As I said before, I don''t catch it on anything - it glides under gloves, etc -

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
Thanks ECF

do you think the WF would be similar to the vatche?

what made you select vatche over a non-name like the wf setting?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone I bought as an upgrade was through Excel / Superbcert, and the only baguette they carry is the Vatche. The old stone went into the new Vatche setting. As I understand it, Vatche supplies settings to Tiffany - so I went to a Tiffany in my town and tried on styles similar to what I knew Excel / Superbcert carried, and although I only tried this one on as a whim, I LOVED it once I had it on.

The Vatche appears to have slightly wider baguettes - the WF appear thinner - a longer look. I had seen some settings at a local B&M with thinner, longer baguettes, and personally didn''t care for the look as much as the wider ones of the Vatche. Personally I like how the baguettes in mine get wider near the center stone - it seems to "flow" more, as opposed to being just "sticks" next to a round stone. The WF basket under the center stone appears to taper to more of a point near the finger, whereas the Vatche appears to go more straight down, if that makes sense. It also appears the WF setting may elevate the center stone higher in relation to the baguettes, but sometimes that is hard to tell from a pic with an empty mounting. I like that all my stones are at about the same level - keeps it from catching on things. g\

I have never seen the WF setting, so I really can''t comment on it, but WF has an awesome reputation. My experience with the Vatche is very good so far... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results