shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Princess Cut & Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Shopper

Rough_Rock
Well hello everyone
35.gif
--

I''ve been lurking for awhile now and finally decided that today I''ve just got to register - as I''ve got a couple of questions. I''ve been looking at e-rings for my girlfriend for just a while (this website has been a godsend, thank-you all), and yesterday I suprised her by taking her out to a couple of local jewelry stores.

Long story short, she fell in love with Tiffany''s solitaire princess cut. All of the others were really nice, too; however, she really liked the fact that the Tiff. setting ''wasn''t even there''. Other places that had similar a settings (sorry don''t know what it''s called, but here is a link to it: http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?subCategoryid=3003) were just too chunky and looked like the diamond was framed in the setting. If that makes sense. After quite a bit of researching and looking around I think I''ve come to the decision that I would like to give her something customized, i.e. buy a loose stone from one of the on-line vendors and have Leon Mege set the stone for me. According to his website any design can be created or modified - "Your wish is our command". I''ve seen the plethora of settings of ladies'' gorgeous rings he''s done and I''ve looked extensively at his website, but I couldn''t find any princess cut solitaires set like the Tiffany''s. Lots of claw prongs, and whatnot, but not exactly what I''ve been looking for.

I know Whiteflash and James Allen both have similar settings, but they just weren''t quite right and since I''m not buying a Tiffany ring I would like to be able to say the stone set by Leon Mege. I know that''s weird, but that''s just me. Now, what I''m wondering is can I have Leon set it this way without pictures (on his website he suggests sending jpg''s of what you want done, but I can''t get the Tiffany pictures to save (on a side note, any ideas of how to do that?). How do I explain that kind of setting to him? Also, has anyone ever bought a stone and had it sent directly to him - I''d rather not have it sent here as I live with my girlfriend and I told here that I wouldn''t be shopping for QUITE some time, but that we were just in the information gathering stage yesterday. Also, since a lot of the work I see done by him is with single and double prongs I was wondering if a princess cut stone could be set with double prong claws (think Harry Winston) if I were to go a different route from the Tiffany style setting. Would that work with the sharp edges of a princess? Thanks for all the help and informative website!
36.gif

Also if anyone has pictures of thier princess ring set by Leon Mege I''d love to see them. Thanks!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Try doing a print screen of the Tiffany ring you want so you have a picture? Some sites won''t let you save a picture so a print shot works.

Not sure about double claws on a princess... My princess has single claws and was set by Leon Mege and honestly I can''t figure out how he''d do double claws. Best to ask him. He did say that double doesn''t mean your stone is more secure, it''s more what you want (double vs. single).

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
pic of my ring with single claws. Good luck on your ring search!
1.gif

myprincerpic.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 12:52:52 PM
Author: Snooper
Try doing a print screen of the Tiffany ring you want so you have a picture? Some sites won''t let you save a picture so a print shot works.

Not sure about double claws on a princess... My princess has single claws and was set by Leon Mege and honestly I can''t figure out how he''d do double claws. Best to ask him. He did say that double doesn''t mean your stone is more secure, it''s more what you want (double vs. single).
I''m not sure either, but even if he could, I would worry about the corners getting chipped myself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results