shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo Replicas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

novolover

Rough_Rock
I have tons of questions, and I hope the good folks on here can help. I am decidedly undecided as you''ll see below. :)

I love the Tiffany Novo, but am not comfortable with the retail markup on Tiffany diamonds. Girlfriend loves it, but is not a brand whore and would be just as satisfied with one that looks similar. I am planning to buy a 2ct cushion cut center stone and having it mounted on a setting as close to the Novo as possible. Have been agonizing over which one!

The one from Excel looks a little beefy, as some have noticed on PS. The prongs look heavy like they would overshadow the diamond. Price is ok (especially when compared to Tiffany).

I really love this ring from Art Deco Diamonds: https://www.artdecodiamonds.com/products.php?id=2113
It''s an antique replica and I am starting to think it looks BETTER than the Novo. What scares me is: will the quality be the same? The pictures are awful and they almost make the setting look crooked. I''m assuming that Tiffany settings are perfect, so would one of these come out 2nd rate or crooked if handmade by a smaller jewler like Art Deco Diamonds? The price for platinum is $2500, and about $2000 for white gold. Steeper than Excel diamonds price of $1500 for white gold, but wouldn''t mind for a better quality ring.

The Ritani setting is nice, but different from the Novo. It has a square setting that I don''t know if I like as much. Anybody familiar with the costs of a Ritani setting?

So forgive my ignorance, and this may seem like a stretch, but could I buy the 0.3 ct Novo from Tiffany ($2,750) and have my talented local jeweler custom set my 2ct cushion into it?

Would love to have the real tiffany setting, but as we all know they do not sell them. Is buying a real smaller Novo ring and ditching the diamond for my own replacement an option? Could any Jeweler modify the .3 carat ring to fit a 2ct?

Thanks so much guys!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you won''t fit a 2 carat diamond into a .30 novo setting.

my suggestion would be Leon Mege for something similar but with the same quality as Tiffany. here''s his website: www.artofplatinum.com

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 2:30:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
you won''t fit a 2 carat diamond into a .30 novo setting.

my suggestion would be Leon Mege for something similar but with the same quality as Tiffany. here''s his website: www.artofplatinum.com

Ditto. Or maybe Maytal Hannah.

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
I just looked at the Novos yesterday. I really like the basket on them and how light and airy the ring looks even though there was a 2ct on there.

I'm not sure if I'm set on a bead setting myself but I am about 70% sure I will go with Leon on my setting. I've read up on both Maytal and Leon, more on Leo but plan to read more on Maytal. Both seem to offer excellent work. From what I read, Leon seems to have an "artist" attitude with the cockiness and creating what he thinks wlll look best with the diamond, basic wants, etc while Maytal on the other hand, seems to go more into what you want with your full input so she may be a better option.

I only spoke to Leon briefly and I haven't spoken to Maytal yet to formulate a better opinion on her. You should give both a call to get a feel of how they might tackle your replica request.

Here's Maytal:

http://maytalhannah.com/

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
A friend of mine had a novo-inspired setting made by Mark T at ERD and it is phenomenal.

I wish she was on PS for pics haha.

I''d definitely ask him for a quote.

www.engagementringsdirect.com

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 3:58:41 PM
Author: october2008bride
A friend of mine had a novo-inspired setting made by Mark T at ERD and it is phenomenal.

I wish she was on PS for pics haha.

I''d definitely ask him for a quote.

www.engagementringsdirect.com

Yes, Mark is also wonderful. He made my setting. Love it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maytal used to work for Tiffany and is the perfect one to contact regarding having a ring made similar to a Tiffany. If you look at her sapphire ring #39, you''ll see that it is very similar to the Novo setting..maybe even better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results