shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I can't comment on the quality of Nicice's setting, since I don't recall anyone around here buying one and describing their thoughts. They do, however, have a general reputation for being very picky, so that speaks in their favour. It's certain that the Tiffany setting will be top notch: I've seen it myself and it's beautiful. Is it worth the markup? That's for you to decide. It is a patented cut and a copywrited design as well; whether or not that justifies the markup depends. Certain Tiffany pieces are worth the markup, as far as I'm concerend, and others aren't. This just might be one that is worth it.

People on this thread (or was it another thread?) have talked about the Legacy diamond looking "dark" in certain lighting. You should probably make the trip to Zurich to see it to help you decide if it's your thing. You might prefer another shape of diamond, or you might not. At any rate, I really do think you should see the thing in person to help you decide, even if you go with Niceice in the end.

Edited to add: If you want Tiffany pricing, then just call them up! I've done that before. They'll be happy to tell you. But just so you know, I've heard that the Legacy only comes in one carat centre stones and up.

Daniela

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
The Boxter ring on NiceIce''s site is by Daniel K. You can buy whole rings through Daniel K (via Nice Ice or another dealer), or you can buy just the setting. The settings are EXTREMELY high quality (do a search here on PS, there are a lot of big Daniel K fans around here). They are also extremely expensive. I bet that the whole rings sold by Daniel K are right up there with Tiff''s. I know that Boxter setting alone is in the $6000 range. They''re really, really nice though.

You can see more pics of Daniel K designs on their website, and on the solomonbrothers.com website.

NiceIce sells really high quality diamonds, and the cushions, asschers, and fancy yellows they sell are from the Daniel K cutter, and are all supposed to be great performers.

Hope all of this info is correct! I think so though!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DEAR JES.

tHE lEGACY IS A DIAMOND THAT IS PATENTED AND LISENCED EXLUCIVLY TO tIFFANY.

ITS NOT LIKE ANY OTHER CUSHION SHAPE DIAMOND, AND YOU WILL NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE ELSE. IF YOU LIKE OR LOVE IT GO WITH IT .

THAT DOESNT MEEN THET THE DANIEL K DIAMOND JEWELRY IS NOT AS GOOD OR AS HIGH IN QUALITY, BUT IT DOES MEAN THAT IT WILL NOT BE THE LEGACY PATENTED DIAMOND AND THE TIFFANY SETTING.

AS FAR AS SIZES, IVE SEEN LEGACY DIAMONDS IN UNDER 1 CARAT SIZES, BUT IN EARINGS, NECKlases.

its worthg a trip to zurich to see those pieces, just make sure they have them in stock. i dont think they carry the Legacy in all their locations.

hunter827

Rough_Rock
I have had the Legacy (2.2 carat) for around 7 months now and could not be happier. I have been stopped on the street by complete strangers who wish to admire it. You wont be disappointed with the ring. As far as someone''s claim that it is "dark," I can''t believe that anyone would criticize the stone...

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hunter,

Just was wandering what made you go and get the legacy? (for example why not the Lucida?)

hunter827

Rough_Rock
My husband and I already had a good idea of what we were looking for and had not seen a ring that fit this idea. We just happened to be in Tiffany and we knew the second that we saw it that this was the ring. We were grateful because we thought we were going to have to have a designer make a ring to our specs. We were lucky to find it when we did because it was released only one month prior to our finding it...And, I did not find Lucida appealling to me..Just a personal preference...

Tiffany customer service has been incredible. We could not be more pleased...

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Dear All,

I thank you very much for your advices. It will help me for sure in my quest of the perfect ring ! Actually, I have already a thing for the Legacy before having seen it in real life so it is a must to try it on to get the real feeling of it before coming to a decision. My only concern is about the price...However, I am ready to wait to get what I want
18.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
18.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/18.gif" border="0"> !! To be continued...

In any case, I enjoy very much this forum, your comments are precious and it is also a delight for the eyes..Some pics are worth the best adds Tiffany (and other jewelers) could dream of...Hey, have you thought about asking for a commission from them
28.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
28.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/28.gif" border="0"> ?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you know of numerous happy Legacy clients? What i am trying to find out is, do you know of more Tiffany clients that bought the Legacy diamond rings, and are as happy with it as you are?

just wondering!!!

aeli

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I originally purchased the fancy Legecy ring, but after one too many delays getting the ring sized, we gave up on it and asked for a refund. I''d like to think this was an unusual occurance, though. As far as the ring itself, it is absolutely stunning. If all had gone smoothly, I''d be wearing it with no regrets or longings for another ring. There is another ring posted by another PSer that is similar from the top view, but almost more stunning from the side views.

reena-a.jpg

aeli

Rough_Rock
side view

reena-b.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hello from Toronto! It''s freeeeezing here!

Any-who, I know it''s terribly rude of me to ask but I was wondering how much Tiffany quoted you for your ring specifications.

You can e-mail me at [email protected] if it''s a little more private or post if you are comfortable sharing.

I called Tiffany in Toronto, Canada, today and they quoted me:

TIFFANY LEGACY RING: (without matching band)
Specifications:

Carat size: 2.05 CT
Colour: F
Clarity: VS2

COST: $65,300.00 (CAD) Canada Dollars = $53,148.05 (USD) United States Dollars

It would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know how much it was for:
Carat size: 2.2ct
Colour: F
Clarity: VS1

I''m wondering if Toronto is charging much more....and if that is the case it would be worth the trip across the border.

I also wanted to say that you have amazing taste . I''ve been drooooooling over it ever since I saw pictures. I might even consider selling my boyfriend to manage the cost... ha ha ha! I am new to Pricescope and I am so happy that I can finally talk about rings etc. I''ve been driving my boyfriend crazy.

All the best and thank you for your help!
Ries

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Does Tiffany offer payment plans? I would love to get my sticky hands on the Tiffany Legacy Ring but boy is it ever out of my league. I also don''t want my poor boyfriend to sell his house!

Talk soon,
Marisa

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ring looks beautifull, but its not the legacy patented cushion diamond, its a regular brilliant cushion diamond. Am i right??

dobie

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 5:15:39 AM
Author: Ries
Hello from Toronto! It''s freeeeezing here!

Any-who, I know it''s terribly rude of me to ask but I was wondering how much Tiffany quoted you for your ring specifications.
I just found out today that there is a Tiffany store within a high-end store here in Vancouver. I didn''t compare ering prices. I was only comparing the prices on the 18K Open Heart necklace I bought last Xmas. In Seattle, I paid 350 US + 8.8% sales tax. In Vancouver they wanted 510 CAD + 7% PST +7% GST. I understand that in Canada there is a 10% luxury tax built into the prices on all diamonds and jewellery. If you factor in the exchange rate and the luxury tax, prices are higher in Canada. When you declare the US purchase at the border, they will charge you the 10% luxury/excise tax, PST and GST.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2005 6
6.gif
6:31 AM
Author: Ries
Does Tiffany offer payment plans? I would love to get my sticky hands on the Tiffany Legacy Ring but boy is it ever out of my league. I also don''t want my poor boyfriend to sell his house!

Talk soon,
Marisa
its not too smart to make monthly payment for a $50k ring by the time you finish paying it off, it will cost you $80k ?
23.gif
why get yourself into a e-ring debt ?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
BECAUSE A DIAMOND IS FOREVER!!!!!

JUST KIDDING....., YOU ARE 100% RIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results