shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
I am looking into having a similar (although a little bit simpler) pave setting and ive received quotes between $2 and $3 thousand.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I didn't see that the picture had been posted. Oh my!!!!!
love.gif

Llor555, does the matching band sit flush to the e-ring?

Beautiful151

Rough_Rock
I was in the Tiffany store here and saw first the "ribbon" ring, and then I saw the Legacy - and WOW!!! I am taking my boyfriend in there this weekend to look at it. It is the most beautiful, captivating, timeless, and exquisite ring I have ever seen, and no one I know has one. I am crossing my fingers b/c we have been talking about engagement, marriage, etc. Do you have any pictures? I cannot find any on the Tiffany website.
appl.gif

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Leon Mege has a similar ring on his website.

llor555

Rough_Rock
RE. LEGACY WEDDING BAND. No, it does not sit flush to the engagement ring, but it sits very nicely. I tried on other simlar style rings where there was no way a band would work with it. I think because the square head isn't so wide, the band works. It's a tad askew but i happen to like that look.. it's a stacked look. And very much like a wedding set. the band is exactly the same width as the engagment ring band (both pretty thin).. you'll love it together!
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN FIND A PICTURE OF THIS RING? TIFFANY'S DOES NOT HAVE IT ON THEIR WEBSITE YET.???

reena

Ideal_Rock
if you're referring to the ering and not the wedding band, there is a picture of it on the first page of this thread.

llor555

Rough_Rock
RE. PICTURES... There is a simlar ring by Christoper Jewelers (it's been referred to many times on this thread)and that photo is available in magazines. I bought "THE KNOT" recently and there are 2 photos of it! They call it the crisscross/cushion cut. good luck! (Do you have a Tiffany's near you? it's in the stores. Also they've taken ads on it in the NY times as well!)

mrsazarman

Rough_Rock
Hi,
My future husband to be and I are looking at rings and the only one I like is the Tiffany Legacy ring. As you already know the ring is very pricy and we feel it is out of our price range for now. What I have proposed to do is to have someone replicate the ring but I'm concerned it is not going to look exactly the same. I am very particular with my jewelry and wouldn't want to end up comissioning a ring that didn't come out the exact way I requested. Please help. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much,
Susan

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope.

One thing to consider is that an exact duplication of the ring is a violation of copyright. The legal arm of Tiffany is quite long so I wouldn't be surprised if even jewelers with no qualms about re-creating someone else's work would balk at copying the Legacy ring. However, if you like the look perhaps you can incorporate some elements and have someone create something that gives you the same feel. My first choice for such intricate work would be www.artofplatinum.com.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i tried on a very close replica at a store in the diamond district called I. Friedman & Sons. www.ifriedman.com. there is no pic of that particular ring on the site and also as i have never purchased there i can't personally recommend them to you. but just FYI.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You shouldnt comment on fact that are 110% false. Its NOT a crisscut, Its a individual design patented and utility pending patent.

I suggest in the future, do your homework.

Gemofaguy
appl.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Gem,

Chill out.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am chilled, but i know the facts, its not a crisscut...

Nice meeting u by the way...

jackpot

Rough_Rock
I think the post indicated that the Christopher ring was "similar" and the similar cut was called a criss-cut. Which is quite similar to the "patent pending" Tiffany cut used in the Legacy ring.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
this may seem really bold but would you share the price with us for the different sizes? i love this ring and would love to know what a 2carat would cost

reena

Ideal_Rock
windowshopper,

i doubt the original poster will respond because that post is from a while ago, but the first page of the thread lists prices for different sizes. the prices listed don't gp up to 2c, but that should give you some idea of pricing. (the short answer: absurdly expensive!)

hunter827

Rough_Rock
A 2.2 carat VVS1/G color is roughly 35K...

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Why cant I see a picture of it on the Tifany web site?
Can anyone make sense out of this one, a new item and no advert?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Yes, for some reason they have not been advertising it much, although it has been featured in some large print ads. In fact, I was shopping in San Francisco last May and inquired to see it at the Tiffany & Co in Union Square and the guy didn't even know what I was talking about
sick.gif

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Diagem,
I was one of the posters that said it is like a criscut and it is. Is it exact - no but take a look at a Lucida and a Lucere - pretty close. Tiffanys patents everything so they can tell the consumer that no one else will have it but after having seen the criscut and the legacy up close - I say they visually look the same and any difference are due to extreme nit picking.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dear eyes,

Let me correct you with all respect,

just like the Lucere has nothing in resemblence as far as faceting arrangements to the Lucida.

The criss has no resemblence to the legacy as far as the faceting is concerned.

Visualy i cant say, every individual see's something else.
I see the difference between different cuts, especialy between the criss and the legacy.

proof: both the Legacy and The Crisscut have different patents and different sketches, I am sure the US patent office is responsible before issuing patents.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/22/2004 10:08:21 AM headlight wrote:

Yes, for some reason they have not been advertising it much, although it has been featured in some large print ads.
----------------

Yeah... some new advertising recipe of the "information economy". Some guys spend allot of time on such research down the hallway
1.gif

Somehow it doesn't seem to me that Tiffany's pattents need props - they managed to cash in of quite a few classical jewelry types. Why not one more ?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I dont understand the receipt link, i tried and i got nothing to do with Tiffany, please advice.
saint.gif

Dena

Rough_Rock

Hi,

I am very interested in the Legacy diamond, it''s soooo beautiful! Could you tell me what you''ve learned? Thanks!

Dena

35.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A patented and exclusive cushion diamond that onle Tiffany sells, It looks very good in my oppinion, but i cant seem to find it on their web... can anyone tell me where i can visuallize it?

28.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/24/2004 10:44:20 AM
Author: eyesoftexas
Here are Here are some Legacy Prices for you of current available stock (about a month or two ago): I think the diamond is a crisscutt design.

1.05 VS1-I $12,600
1.02 VVS1-I $12,800
1.16 VVS2-G $16,900
1.00 VVS2_G $14,900
1.13 VS1-H $15,000
1.04 VS2-G $14,400
1.11 VS2-H $14,300
1.19 VVS1-I $14,400

Again I was looking at 1 ct stones. Expect to pay around $16K to $18K/ct as you get closer to 2 cts.

EofT

I know this is an old thread, but i was re-browsing, and these prices don''t seem TOO outrageous to me...For a 1 CT G, VS2 H&A stone on pricescope, prices were around $7000. That makes that particular ring a ~$7000 setting, which isn''t totally unheard of (michael b, daniel k, and others run into that range). And most of those "pave frame" rings are up around $5000, even the non-designer ones. When you consider that it''s also a branded diamond, and those always carry a premium whether they''re Tiff''s or not, I don''t think these prices sound too too bad if they''re accurate. Not a bargain, mind you, but not totally crazy either.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These prices are old , I think this year diamond prices will continue rising.....

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am new on this forum (registered two days ago)..I come from Geneva, Switzerland, which is supposed to be a good place for jewelery...but the quality offered for the price was not good at all compared to what some american dealers offer...That is why I bought from Bluenile diamonds studs for my wedding and I was enchanted by it. However, this company doesn''t ship to Europe so I went through a hard time to finally get my earrings..a day before the wedding !

Now I was browsing for fancy shapes for the central stone of my engagement ring and I was considering asscher and cushion shapes...That is how I fell upon some stunning pics of the Legacy ring by Tiffany on this forum. I was immediately taken over by this style and I wanted to collect more information about it. Actually, I saw pretty nice settings on niceice (boxer style) but I cannot define if these settings are similar tot the Tiffany''s legacy in quality. I know that Tiffany''s prices are pretty higher than other jewelers like niceice for the same quality of diamonds and I wondered if the Legacy was worth the premium. I am adamant about a good quality of the central stone (VS1 F or G) and I would be happy to know how much costs a Legacy with a central cushion of this quality for a size between .8 to 1.2 ct.

In Switzerland, we have a Tiffany store but it is in Zurich (pretty far from Geneva) so I wanted to know more before making the trip there. Also I wanted to know if it was wiser to buy a similar ring from niceice..Since you offered so kindly your help, I would be glad to get some information !

Thank you in advance.

Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results