shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Knife Edge Solitaire by Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
Does anyone else out there have the Tiffany Knife Edge solitaire made by Whiteflash? I''m curious what you are using for a wedding band to go with the solitaire.

My fiancee had my e-ring set in it and we are trying to find a wedding band with diamonds (.5-.75 ctw) that will work with it for under $2,000. The band that Whiteflash has recommended isn''t really what I was hoping for so I thought you all might have some suggestions. Thanks for any feedback!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did they suggest so we don''t keep suggesting the same thing :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t care for that...

What did you have in mind? I would go either 1) Plain band or 2)half eternity.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
knife_edge_platonblack.jpg

What about something like this? Nice Ice makes a matching band, which I think would look fantastic.
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look of an eternity or 1/2 eternity next to a solitaire..

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
I had something more like this in mind: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/5-Stone-Shared-Prong-Diamond-Band_935.htm. I tried on the HOF 5 stone band with my ring and it looked great, but the problem is it doesn''t sit flush with the ring. It doesn''t bother me, but Whiteflash said over time it will wear down the prong on my e-ring. There''s a piece that rounds out under the diamond which is why it won''t sit flush.

An eternity band would be nice....any suggestions? Do you think I''d have any problems with wear and tear on my e-ring?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try finding an eternity band that sits lower to your ering and won''t rub against your prongs. If you want to be totally safe go for a channel set eternity band. But I do adore the look of shared prongs and believe that if you find one with a low enough profile it won''t be a problem for your ering. HTH, and good luck!!!
1.gif
Also you can check out eternity bands at Signed Pieces.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
How about buying the ring you like and having a spacer ring made to sit in between. That way you protect your prongs and the spacer has the added bonus of serving as a WB substitute for when you feel like being a little less "blingy."

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2005 11:19:32 PM
Author: kfs
I had something more like this in mind: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/5-Stone-Shared-Prong-Diamond-Band_935.htm. I tried on the HOF 5 stone band with my ring and it looked great, but the problem is it doesn't sit flush with the ring. It doesn't bother me, but Whiteflash said over time it will wear down the prong on my e-ring. There's a piece that rounds out under the diamond which is why it won't sit flush.

An eternity band would be nice....any suggestions? Do you think I'd have any problems with wear and tear on my e-ring?
Kfs
my wife has a 5 stone ACA band with basket style setting.i got her a 2mm spacer ring to go between e-ring.

i also looked at the HOF band,WF was cheaper for better color and clarity stones.
2.gif

here's the ring...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pick-up-this-from-fed-ex-today-wf-aca-5-stone-plat-ring-1-27-ctw.28389/

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. A spacer ring sounds like it could work. Does Whiteflash make those or can I get them somewhere else for less money? I wish you had some pics of the e-ring, spacer, and 5 stone band together...just want to make sure it''s not real obvious that it''s there.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Kfs,

First of all, I''d like to say what a beautiful doggy in your avatar! I agree with kaleigh about getting channel set half eternity from Whiteflash. Those ACA melees are to die for and will add lots of bling to your set.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF makes spacers and there are a bunch of PS''ers that have them. I think that''s a great solution. They can make them as unobtrusive as you want it to be. Good luck and let us know how you make out!!!

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
Jelly, your doggie is a cutie too! Can you recommend any eternity bands from Whiteflash? I don''t see any under $2,000 that are made by Whiteflash and have their ACA diamonds.

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh. It''s odd that Renee didn''t mention the spacers to me since she knows I really want the 5 stone band. I''ll suggest that tomorrow.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2005 1:06:06 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but none of the pics are with the spacer right?
no....i don''t know if i have any pics with the spacer.if i find one i will post.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

An eternity band would be nice....any suggestions? Do you think I''d have any problems with wear and tear on my e-ring?
IMO< the five stone would carve into the prongs because the five diamonds are relatively large and sit high where their girdles touch the e-ring. A thin eternity band (3-5pts stones) would not have this problem if the girdles of the stones do not overhang the edge of the ring, and a pave-set one would be the most practical, IMO. Tight pave would result in a thread of diamonds - a wonderful look, IMO.
1.gif

Under the circumstances, 5 stone could become RHR later...

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2005 1:25:06 AM
Author: valeria101

IMO< the five stone would carve into the prongs because the five diamonds are relatively large and sit high where their girdles touch the e-ring. A thin eternity band (3-5pts stones) would not have this problem if the girdles of the stones do not overhang the edge of the ring, and a pave-set one would be the most practical, IMO. Tight pave would result in a thread of diamonds - a wonderful look, IMO.
1.gif

Under the circumstances, 5 stone could become RHR later...
Just echoing what Ana said... I have a 5 stone band where the stones are 15 points each. I wore it with my solitaire before I got an eternity band. The 5 stone band scratched the heck out of the solitaire. It didn''t cause any grooves or dents in it, but if I continued to wear it it might have.

My eternity band has appox. 4 point stones in it and it has scratched my e-ring a bit, but the scratches are smaller and don''t look to be as deep.

What if you got a bead/pave set band? That way you can have metal on the edges that wouldn''t harm your e-ring.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2005 12:52:15 AM
Jelly, your doggie is a cutie too! Can you recommend any eternity bands from Whiteflash? I don''t see any under $2,000 that are made by Whiteflash and have their ACA diamonds.
Kfs, they don''t have all their prices up on the website. It''s definitely worth a call or email. Are you set on a full eternity ring? What about a half or 3/4 band or one in White gold instead of platinum? That will save you money and get you under $2000. Good luck!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
To see a good example of a spacer-check out the wedding sets thread in the Show Me The Ring and on one of the last three pages Researcher''s set is posted. She had a custom spacer made.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could take the easy route (my preferred way) and have WF make you a custom eternity band or 5 prong band that sits near to flush with your ring but out of the way of your head.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi all. I can recall only one spacer we’ve done on a band, for Researcher, but a spacer would not solve the problem here because of the 6th prong. Researchers ring is a 4 split prong setting.

Ana and jellybean have illustrated the problem. Anything larger than a 5 point diamond is going to cause wear. Mara’s suggestion will work if you wanted to use smaller diamonds.

KFS, I believe Renee emailed you yesterday morning, requesting a call to discuss options. She's hoping you will call in here, as the only number we have on record is your S.O.'s.

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
Actually, Renee and I have been communicating via email which is my preferred method while I''m at work. I responded back to her last email so unless she didn''t receive it (I''ll send a follow-up) I''m waiting for her reply and price quotes.

She did suggest what Mara had recommended but actually suggested going with a 6 stone instead of 5 to do this and going from .75 ctw to .90 ctw which I''m sure is more than we want to pay.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2005 4:09:46 PM
Actually, Renee and I have been communicating via email which is my preferred method while I''m at work. I responded back to her last email so unless she didn''t receive it (I''ll send a follow-up) I''m waiting for her reply and price quotes.

She did suggest what Mara had recommended but actually suggested going with a 6 stone instead of 5 to do this and going from .75 ctw to .90 ctw which I''m sure is more than we want to pay.
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I''ll be sure she knows to get with you via email or here.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kathi: Sorry for the confusion! :) :)

The last email I recieved, you asked me to do a drawing for you on the bands but you expressed you weren't wild about either option, that is why I thought a phone conversation would be best. I will send you a quote for both ASAP and continue to work with you via email!
35.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure this will be of limited help, since my ring is a 3-stone. However, for what it''s worth.....here is a close-up pic of my spacer.....

spacercloseup.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
..........and here is a further back shot. The spacer isn't as prominent at normal viewing distances. People next to me would have to know I was wearing a spacer already to notice it.

I got mine from a place that sells fitted toe rings. It was about $30 for 14K gold.

spacerdistance.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results