shape
carat
color
clarity

Three-sided pave -- can you really see it when wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimmbe

Rough_Rock
I adore the look of three-sided pave in all these macro shots people have been sharing -- I was just looking at a ring today on my hand that doesn''t have it and I didn''t really know if I''d notice the sides of the ring at all . . . is this wrong? Do you with 3-sided pave e-rings find others noticing it or yourself? I suppose it could be "eye-candy" for the beholder??

Also, do you risk damaging it at all once you add in a matching band? Do the rings rub up against each other? I''ve heard pave can be damaged at some point and was curious about that.

Any input would be really helpful!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look of 3 sided pave and can definitely see a difference. However, many designers i.e. Leon Mege, suggest not wearing a wedding band, or wearing one on your right hand b/c the diamonds can and will get damaged. I asked a similar question a while back, here''s the link

there was also a thread about Michael B settings that developed into a disscussion about 3 sided pave rings and matching bands. you can find it here

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just read that it would be ok to wear a plain band next to the pave, but the plain band would get scratched. i don''t think i would want to block all that pretty sparkle though.....

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
35.gif

I''ve a 3sided pave ring, and recently commissioned a band to go with it.

Date: 6/7/2005 6:03:03 PM
Author:kimmbe
Do you with 3-sided pave e-rings find others noticing it or yourself? I suppose it could be ''eye-candy'' for the beholder??

Yes! I''ve been complimented on how sparkly my ring is from all angles!

Date: 6/7/2005 6:03:03 PM
Author:kimmbe
Also, do you risk damaging it at all once you add in a matching band? Do the rings rub up against each other? I''ve heard pave can be damaged at some point and was curious about that.

I got a 2sided pave band made after consulting my jeweller. Instead of putting pave on the side of the band worn next to my 3sided pave, I''ve gotten it engraved with a latin quote. That way, it''s not ''shiny smooth'' and even if the pave scratches that side of the band, it won''t be so noticeable. I''ve had my band for abt 2 wks now, and haven''t noticed any scratches to the band from the pave on the ring yet.

Hope that helps!
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
no you cannot see it and it really is knowing you have a piece of art or personal satisfaction at the whole piece-otherwise you just see the top

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of my pave on the side of one of my bands. I am very aware of how my rings look from the side view, not just the top view. To some people the top view is what they care about. I care about both, and think the side pave makes a big difference. It''s all just preference, and you can only see the outside side.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have a three stone ring with a three-sided micro-pave shank. You don''t really notice the pave when you are looking at the ring straight from the top, but when you move your hand around you can see it easily. I think it makes a beautiful addition to a ring and makes it look good from every angle. I do wear my ring by itself though.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I see mine all the time. I rarely look at my ring from the top - rather I always am looking from the side - when I type, drive, eat, etc. I only see from the top if I am "looking" at it.

I also asked about the three sided damage question. I have a tacori - so my rings do sit flush against one other. The pave is done very well - so the stones are really embedded. However - if one does pop out - it really is not that expensive to repair.

With a 3 sided pave over a lifetime of wear - I expect to have to replace some of the melee at a certain point. I didn''t expect to buy delicate rings and never have an issue.

Anyway - so far so good.

kimmbe

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your .02! I went to a NOTHER store today and tried a 3-sided and I DO see it, when I''m looking. SO . . . guess only deal is now figuring out a band, but you all have given me some great ideas for that - love the 2-sided/engraving combo. idea!

Thanks!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I also am big on diamonds on all sides. The more bling, the better! LOL My first e-ring had designs on the sides but no diamonds and it bugged me to no end, so I went with a 3 sided Tacori design. I agree with Laney...most of the time I am looking at the sides of my rings so I like having something shooting rainbows at me any time I look at them. Im sure (once I get them back) that wearing them over time will wear them down which will be the perfect excuse for an upgrade down the road (im so evil)

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results