shape
carat
color
clarity

Three More Days

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year,

I hope everyone enjoys a healthy, happy, prosperous and sparkly 2006.

A couple of months ago, a friend and I decided to upgrade our rings. We each had two platinum and diamond bands. The store where we purchased them has changed their life-time trade up policy (amazing that when you want to use something like a trade up policy for real, it''s no longer availble), but undaunted, I found a high qualiy (independent) jeweler who was willing to take the rings in trade and custom design and make the rings we had in mind.

Finding the right stones took some time, but the rings should be fantastic. Both rings will have pretty much the same settings in platinum. My ring will have a 1.12 GIA Graded G/VS2 center stone, with two 1/3 carat G/VS2 side stones. The center stone will be set in a semi tension mount and the side stones will be bezel. My friend''s ring will also have two 1/3 carat G/VS2 side stones, but the center stone will be (and I can hear some groans already) an enhanced (yes I know it''s iraddiated) 1 carat ''blue'' diamond. We saw the stone and it''s really beautiful. It''s also VS in clarity and it really sparkles. My friend has always wanted a blue diamond, but not many people can actually afford a natural blue stone, so an enhanced stone gives that opportunity.

Anyway, my birthday is this week and this is my birthday/holiday present, so the rings are supposed to be ready on Wednesday.

I''ll post pictures once we''ve gotten the rings.

Till then........

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, both rings sound awesome!!! I can''t wait for those pics
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They sound really cool. Looking forward to the pics!!! Happy early birthday!!!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks......I am pretty excited!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, definitely need to see the pics ASAP. Both rings sound wonderful.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to give a quick update on the rings. OH MY GOD........they''re spectacular and way beyond our expectations. How''s that for unbridled enthusiasm??!! The platinum settings are exactly what I had envisioned and since it had been three weeks since I saw the center stones, they are more beautiful than I remembered. My friends ring with the blue diamond in the center is without question one of the prettiest stones I''ve ever seen. I know some people feel treating a stone is not a good thing to do, but in this case, the stone''s quality and clarity and blue color are just perfect. And my GIA graded G/VS2 1.12 carat stone is a beacon of light.

I never thought I would own something quite this specacular. I promise to take some pictures tonight and post them for you to see.

Thanks,
Rod

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I cannot wait to see those pictures, I am glad you are happy with your new ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, that is so exciting!!! Can''t wait for pics tonight!!!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.....One question.......is it OK to post pictures of the rings on this forum, or do I need to go to the Show Me The Ring forum. And is it against any rules to say who made the rings and how to contact them if anyone is interested in having anything similar designed?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,
Add the pics to this thread. Everyone will go here first looking for them. You can give all the info you want, no probs there.
2.gif
ETA: or start a whole new thread in SMTR. It's up to you!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. Honestly, as some of you may know, I was on another forum, and they made me feel like I was ''scum'' and part of the ''underworld'' for even considering a treated stone. I honestly think the blue stone is absolutely fantastic.

You''ll see when I post pictures later.

Thanks again

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics tonight after I get home from work. I picked up the rings at lunch and my camera''s at home.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see them Rod

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
All this build up, where are the pics??? Tick tock Rod
31.gif
24.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK......My first attempt at loading pictures. I didn''t realize it''s so hard to photograph jewelry with any finess, but here they are and I want you all to know how much I appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in seeing the rings!! I can''t seem to figure out how to attach multile images to this one response, so I''m going to post 4 diferrent pictures. Sorry........

DSC_0111.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second Picture, side view of my ring. For those into stats, the center stone is GIA graded G VS2, 1.12 Carat ideally cut diamond. The setting is Platinum
36.gif

DSC_0112.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my friends ring. Same platinum setting, but the center stone is VS2 1.04 treated blue diamond. It''s stunning and was cut really well and put''s out a lot of fire. The side stones are 1/3 carat G VS2 stones.

DSC_0113.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Final Picture with the side view of the blue diamond ring.

DSC_0114.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
They are awesome. Love how they look like the center stones are floating. The blue diamond is a WOW and your center stone is amazing. Love the design, hope you both get lots of joy out of them!!! And for your first attempt at posting pics I give you an A+.
36.gif
Lisa
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last post on the rings. To accomplish this took a great jeweler. To begin with, we each had two rings to trade and the store we originally purchased them from would no longer honor their "lifetime" trade up policy. So, we found an extremely high quality independent jeweler in Belleaire Bluffs, FL (a suburb of Clearwater, FL). BTW......we live in Tampa.

If anyone is looking for a high quality independent B&M jeweler, who represents fantastic pieces, I can't recommend them enough. BTW......they have a 4 carat Natural Pink Heart Shaped Diamond in stock that is absolutely unbelievable. They also specialize in Canary Yellow Diamonds.

Anyway, feel free to contact them (they don't have a web site, but they realize they should). Ask for either Joe or Jennifer Cappello.

The Company is:

Cappello & Company
428 Indian Rocks Road
Belleair Bluffs, FL 33770
727-585-5700 (Phone)
727-585-5711 (Fax)

If you have a quality piece you want to trade up and your jeweler will no longer honor their tradeup policy or they've gone out of business, I'd give Cappello & Company serious interest.

Thanks again to all who shares our excitement over the new rings!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Lisa.......After picking them up at lunch we had to go back to work. I must admit it was difficult not just staring at the ring the rest of the day, but I had to work hard so I can afford to pay the bill for it. LOL

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Rod, both of the rings came out just beautifully! I love the blue diamond. The design of the rings is fantastic, love the side view! Wear them in the best of health.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results