shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone for a single stone pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twubs

Rough_Rock
All...
I am in the process of shopping around for a wedding gift for the wife to be.
Couple questions for you guys:
- We are paying for our wedding and she does not me to spend more then 750 on a gift for her. I have been saving money on the side specifically for the gift. Is it wrong to go way over this limit she asked me to adhere to?
- I want to get here a single stone pendant. There is a stone I found in the search functionality that fits my budget and seems like a good prize. I have included the specs. Any opinions:

Round
Carats: 0.72
Laboratory Certification: EGL
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 61.30% Table: 57.00%
Girdle: - Culet: N
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: N
Dimensions: 5.76*5.69*3.51
Total Price: $1,366.00

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dont' go so over your budget. Do some shopping on Pricescope
and see what you could buy.

Here is one that would be just fine for a pendant...Still a bit high, but you can refine further.

Carat
Color
Clarity
Depth
Tbl
Lab
Gdl
Cul
Sym
Pol
Flr
Measurements
$/Crt
Price
Source

H
SI1
61.5%
55%
GIA
vtn-m
no
gd
gd
no
5.17-5.07x3.15
$1984
$972*SP Abazias

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oldminer, what a hot avatar! Is that you during your younger days?
11.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I kind of got fed up with my grouchy and dark photo. Decided that Charles Atlas, no relation, made me look far more omnipotent. I only wish I looked something like the image, even for an hour! Just having a little fun.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go with a smaller size, and drop color a little too, stay closer to the budget... This topic was recently discussed, many people (myself included) feel that anything around .50 ct is very classic for a pendant. Here's a quick search I just ran... there are some nice looking stones within your budget even, though a little smaller, and some that at least aren't so far outside your budget. Also, while some EGL certs are accurate, there's been some discussion that their standards seem more lax than GIA or AGS, so you might be paying for a stone that is actually a lower color/clarity than the cert states. Just some food for thought
1.gif
. Oh, yeah, and a bezel setting for the pendant may make it seem slightly larger
2.gif

pendantsearch.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG- I just noticed the new avatar. That is so funny...I kinda liked the old one though....
naughty.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 12:58:41 PM oldminer wrote:

I kind of got fed up with my grouchy and dark photo. Decided that Charles Atlas, no relation, made me look far more omnipotent. I only wish I looked something like the image, even for an hour! Just having a little fun.
----------------

I thought you came back from your vacation looking rather buff
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------

....Decided that Charles Atlas, no relation, made me look far more omnipotent.

----------------

So... does one learn diamond valuation from his trainer?
2.gif

just couldn't help feeling sorry for the old & wise & authoritative photo... to each his own, I guess.
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------

I kind of got fed up with my grouchy and dark photo. Decided that Charles Atlas, no relation, made me look far more omnipotent. I only wish I looked something like the image, even for an hour! Just having a little fun.----------------

WooooHooo!! Dave!!!
3.gif
love.gif
3.gif

But I miss seeing your face!!
12.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think 1/2 ct is an awesome size for a penadant--.72 would be great too, but .5 would get you closer to your budget and still be a very nice looking pendant...Si clarity and H-I-J range are also good...get a sparkler--that's the whole point of this type of piece--the little twinkle at the bas eof the neck....
1.gif

PS That avatar is too much--I love it!
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results