shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this rendering?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
As many of you probably know, I am on the hunt for a remount for my yellow sapphire 3 stone ring. Here is a rendering I received today. Thoughs or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
33.gif

Y2189_Part4.png

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I really do like it, going to be a stunning piece. If it was mine, I would want the sidestones to be just a smidge bigger, or rather longer.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 3:17:14 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
I really do like it, going to be a stunning piece. If it was mine, I would want the sidestones to be just a smidge bigger, or rather longer.
I like it too...just undecided about the yellow gold for the center. I already have all three stones in my current three stone ring, so I will be using the ones I have.
Thanks for the comment!

Here is a previous thread that shows the current 3 stone ring.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/halo-question-white-or-yellow-hmmmmmm.142439/

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I didn't realise you already had the sidestones, so my comment wasn't especially helpful. No one ever agrees with my pick for sidestones anyway.
3.gif

I love the yellow gold round the sapphire.

Jen

ETA I also really like the design of the basket. Intricate and delicate without being fussy and I think it suits yellow metal. Really nice.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! I usually prefer white metals with white diamonds in halos but it''s really up to you. I would personally opt for yellow diamonds in the halo :) but a matter of personal preference. Whatever you choose is going to be stunning!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 3:47:28 PM
Author: slg47
I think it''s gorgeous! I usually prefer white metals with white diamonds in halos but it''s really up to you. I would personally opt for yellow diamonds in the halo :) but a matter of personal preference. Whatever you choose is going to be stunning!

slg47, that was my original plan. All white gold with yellow diamond halo, but then thought those might compete with the yellow sapphire or not match too well.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
you may be right. anyway, either way is going to be really good!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what i meant is that you may be right about competing/not matching...whatever you choose will be perfect!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it with the mixed golds. Very pretty...I dont think I''d change a thing.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 3:50:53 PM
Author: Taylorbug!

Date: 5/7/2010 3:47:28 PM
Author: slg47

slg47, that was my original plan. All white gold with yellow diamond halo, but then thought those might compete with the yellow sapphire or not match too well.
I realize yours is a sapphire, but I have seen a lot of yellow gold halos around a yellow diamond and I love the look. I think they always add to the look instead of take away from the beauty in the center.

But that''s my thoughts on it.

Otherwise I think that is a really pretty setting!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty
30.gif

Can you make the pics any bigger? It's hard to see the detail on the profile.

Y'know, I'd have automatically gone with white metal for the white stones in the halo too, but looking at yours - it really seems to work!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes the yellow diamond/white diamond halos are both different looks but both beautiful...you really can''t go wrong.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 4:09:04 PM
Author: yssie
So pretty
30.gif

Can you make the pics any bigger? It''s hard to see the detail on the profile.

Y''know, I''d have automatically gone with white metal for the white stones in the halo too, but looking at yours - it really seems to work!
yssie...I have actually ask for another rendering in all white gold, just to compare the two.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 4:13:02 PM
Author: Taylorbug!

Date: 5/7/2010 4:09:04 PM
Author: yssie
So pretty
30.gif

Can you make the pics any bigger? It''s hard to see the detail on the profile.

Y''know, I''d have automatically gone with white metal for the white stones in the halo too, but looking at yours - it really seems to work!
yssie...I have actually ask for another rendering in all white gold, just to compare the two.

Y2189_Part4-2.png

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think it is gorgeous the way it is! I can''t tell but are the claws yellow or white? I would keep them yellow.

E B

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful as is, but I agree with the suggestion of yellow diamonds in the yellow gold (around the yellow sapphire).

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
thritto on the yellow halo, but it really is gorgeous and I love the yellow gold on the center.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like the yellow gold, to have yellow diamonds around the halo would compete with the center stone.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
OH! I think it is gorgeous!!!!
Are you going for it? :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results