shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond.. It's my first

lafavej

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

I've been a visitor for a long time and member for a while but hesitant to post at first. I've narrowed my search down and put a diamond on hold, I'm about to pull the trigger, but I'm wary of the ideal scope images I've seen. Could I ask your opinion of this diamond?

Cash Price $5,700
Shape: Round Brilliant
Carat Weight: 1.02
Color: I
Clarity: Vs2
Cut Grade: Ideal
Table %: 58.50
Depth %: 59.50
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.56-6.58x3.91
Length/Width ratio: 1.00

Here are the pictures:
Gray background https://www.dropbox.com/s/5viaj1uob7fkvl8/168433-OFFICELIGHT GRAY-01.JPG?dl=0
Black backgroundhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/w4vr8rkllzhmmvd/168433-OFFICELIGHT BLACK-01.JPG?dl=0
Ideal scopehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/j8r4hdrg2ysae59/168433-IDEALSCOPE-02.JPG?dl=0

Couple of concerns:
Is it normal for the "idealscope" image to have white arrows? it looks more like an arrows view.
There are facets next to the arrows that seem to be leaking a lot of light. should I be concerned about this?
All in all, is this a good diamond for the price? This is the tippy top of my price range :shifty:

Thanks so much for your input, I can't thank you all enough for everything you've already taught me.

Cheers,
JL

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its actually not an Ideal scope picture, its an arrows picture.

Which lab graded it?

lafavej

Rough_Rock
I thought it was an arrows picture but the seller labeled the file "ideal scope". Which threw me off.

It's graded by AGS here's the report:

Report Type: The Platinum Light Performance Diamond Quality® Document
Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.56 - 6.58 x 3.91 mm
Carat Weight: 1.025
Total Depth: 59.5%
Table: 58.5%
Girdle Description:
Culet: Pointed
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Color Grade: AGS 2.5 (I)
Clarity Grade: AGS 4 (VS2)
Fluorescence: Negligible
Comments:
Table: 58.5%
Crown Angle: 33.0
Crown Height: 13.2%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.2% to 3.3%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0
Pavilion Depth: 43.3%
Star Length: 51%
Lower Girdle Length: 80%
Total Depth: 59.5%
Culet Verbose: Pointed

Thanks for your quick reply!
Jordan

lafavej

Rough_Rock
Is it impossible to evaluate this diamond further without an ideal scope image? Or should I just trust the AGS rating and stop being so skeptical.

Thanks

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP, the HCA is 0.9 and althought the arrows image isn't perfect without the benefit of actual reflector images, I would think it should still be a lively stone. Is it AGS0? I must have missed it. However, I may see things a little differently because with a little checking at Union Diamond or B2C, there are several options in your budget you could consider. So, this stone isn't the only one out there for you within set of specs and budget. When I was considering a couple stones at UD, they emailed me better pricing than what's on the website by a couple hundred. So, if you're concerned about being at the top of your range already, keep that in mind.

If you feel like you've found your stone, then go for it and see it IRL if there's a return window and have it appraised during that time too if you like what you see. But don't feel like you don't have other options, but you'd have to vet them out for best to your priorities (cut, color, clarity, carat).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results