shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts about this diamond pendant & value for the money?TY

malish985

Shiny_Rock
I would really appreciate your thoughts on this pendant.
18K WG, with stationed diamond chain, about 2 ct, h-I, Si1-SI2 clarity. priced at around $900. my concern that the individual diamonds are small and a lot of metal will over power the small melee.
Thank you

_30413.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Thoughts about this diamond pendant & value for the mone

Do you know the brand? Is it new or pre-loved? I honestly am a little wary when a listing says SI2 melee because I think better quality pieces will have SI1 and higher. The 18k is good, though.

malish985

Shiny_Rock

Its preloved, and I don't think its by a specific brand .I also don't know if its custom made or not. I am nervous it could have originally come from a zales type store and their quality
I am between this pendant and my very unsuccessful so far search (months) for a halo mount for my original 1.5ct engagement diamond on a diamond by the yard. looking to not go custom and not too expensive.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

In that case, my suggestion is to definitely put the money towards your setting for the diamond you already have. That will make a much more impressive pendant! I think you should contact ID Jewelry. Truly, they make some nice pieces for reasonable rates. They may not have to do total custom. They may have a setting for the stone that they could pair with the DBTY chain. Call them.

malish985

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for your input - anyone in particular at IDJ you would recommend speaking to?
Is the necklace a good buy for the diamond chain itself or can I do better, you think?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I helped my sister buy a long DBTY necklace, and I had trouble getting through to LouAnn. So I would just call and speak to anyone. I would tell them that you found them on Pricescope. That way they will be more attentive to quality, hopefully.

I would just be too afraid of the quality to buy that one. I do buy things second hand but it is safer when you know the brand.

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock

Ask for Yekutiel at IDJ. They'll have a halo mounting that will fit your diamond, and a DBTY chain. No custom work required. Ask him for Pricescope quality melee only.

If you have a picture of the type of pendant you're looking for that is a good place to start.

Avoid the second hand piece. It's too hard to tell from the pic whether the diamond quality is good enough.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results