shape
carat
color
clarity

THIOUREA (Tarn-X)as cleaning agent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wallace

Shiny_Rock
I have searched threads for this agent but found nothing so far -
I am sure this can''t be good - I don''t know why but I have a feeling...

I was cleaning some of my pens the other day with Tarn-X, without gloves! Oooops! and noticed my ring was very bright and shiny. The bottle says good for metal including gold silver and platinum and specifically states cleans diamonds, too. I have not noticed anything bad happening to my ring - or my pens- but I only used something this strong b/c the gold on the pens had some oxidization. I would not use it regularly for cleaning either.

Can this be damaging?

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Wallace-
I use tarn-x to clean my e-ring often. My ring is shiny, but in particular, my stone seems to have a real crisp sparkle when I do. The red connoiseur's stuff works well too, but I find when I clean with the tarn-x the stone is particularly sparkly. Hope you get more feedback, cuz I'd like to know if I am doing something harmful too!
3.gif

But the bottle does say that it cleans diamonds platinum, and gold and that is what my ring is made of!
Luv

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Hey Luv -

Thanks for the contribution - it sure was SPARKLY!!!

Hopefully - anyone with a chemistry background - jewelers - anyone - Bueller - ?

Are we damaging our rings - b/c if not, everyone should try this stuff if its safe. Tx.
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results