shape
carat
color
clarity

The quest with Quest begins... adding halo to my setting

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know many people don't recommend this but I thought about it for several months and this is the route I decided to take. Just shipped my ring to Pete....he should receive it Friday. So excited, but nervous! Does Pete take pictures of the finished product before sending it to the customer? I hope so!

So...I will ask for a halo around my oval with half pointers, minimal metal and bezel set with milgrain around the bezel and around the outside perimeter of the halo. Not sure about tilt... I might leave it up to Pete... I don't really know how tilt works... any input?

I I also have no idea what the underneath is going to look like...I will wait for Pete to discuss with me I guess and send me drawings and ideas.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh let me say I've very excited! I know that feeling when you look at your ring and think its just not quiiiiiite right

They are adding the halo to your existing ring??

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Nielseel,

Yes, they are. DH and I are very attached to the current setting. When I spoke with Pete, I prepared myself for him to tell me that it wasn't a good idea for whatever reason... but he actually said that he does it quite often, like 10 times a month... so I felt reassured that he was experienced in doing so. I trust him... even though I have never worked with him. I could have just looked for someone locally, but I wanted good work and I know this isn't something that just anyone will do.

Your halo was a great inspiration to me. I think I converted to liking halos the minute I saw yours...I love the dainty bezel set fancy you have...I considered a Ritani endless love setting, but I still wanted to keep the etching and details on my setting...I love the sort of vintagy look to my setting... Anyhow, my hubby was surprised, no, shocked, to hear that I wanted a halo...because I always said I disliked them... until I saw YOURS!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1362517732|3397194 said:
I just put the deposit down on my halo today too. Now we wait!

ooooOOOOo!! YAY! Can't wait to see yours! We have parallel projects! :))) :wavey: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well aren't you the sweetest! I'm about to change mine too! The exact opposite of you though, I'm trying to see if ERD can plunk my solitaire onto split shank rose gold instead. I'm craving some rose rs so bad, and they made a split shank I adore. So were all making changes together haha

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really? Are you keeping the Ritani setting? Do you have a picture of the ERD RG setting?? I have thought about split shank too in the past! I had equally thought of incorporating some RG in my halo... but I will take a more conservative route this time...and try to stick with plat. Can't wait to see yours!! I LOOOVE your glowy spready pear too! Gorgeous and precious! I only wished mine could glow!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fiona00004|1362534656|3397462 said:
Really? Are you keeping the Ritani setting? Do you have a picture of the ERD RG setting?? I have thought about split shank too in the past! I had equally thought of incorporating some RG in my halo... but I will take a more conservative route this time...and try to stick with plat. Can't wait to see yours!! I LOOOVE your glowy spready pear too! Gorgeous and precious! I only wished mine could glow!

Ugh thats where i am stuck. Part of me loves my setting, part of me wants to change it, part of me wishes i had done what i had wanted to in the first place which was get the band in rose gold (stupid sales woman talked me out of it! :angryfire: ) I think probably whats best now is to leave it for the time being, but oh i have so many ideas spinning in my head! Should probably just buy some bands instead to calm my want for change

Im really glad you are adding a halo. I could tell from your posts you really wanted one. This site is good to get ideas, but sometimes you know what you want, and even if it goes again the general consensus, you know whats going to be best for you.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Day one of not having my diamond with me... *sigh*... it is going to be a looooooong 4 weeks! Hopefully Pete and make it speedy and on time for my BDay April 6th!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I have been waiting since yesterday to get photos of the completed ring. Pete called me today and said that he is really really happy with how the halo turned out. He ended up using half pointers for the halo as I has requested instead of the 1 pointers that he had recommended... he said that I was right in that it would make a nicer, daintier halo. He actually said that this is one of this best work and that he is supe happy with it! He had been trying to send me the photos through his iphone, but it was not working and now I have to wait until tomorrow for him to upload the photos onto his computer and send email them to me. Argh! This is torture! DH was disappointed that he couldn't see the photos too. Sooo excited! I hope it is as nice as he described it to be! Stay tuned!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh i cannot wait to see this!!!!! I know ive been talking (**cough cough complaining***) about my ring, but its all the center stone, not the setting. I truly believe that half pointers in a delicate bezel halo is my all time favorite setting (though i love many!). This is going to be stunning.

You will LOVE how big it looks!

Now hurry up and be tomorrow ;-)

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
maybe I should just go to sleep now, sleep in tomorrow and just wake up to the photos! LOL!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fi.Z|1364519206|3415638 said:
maybe I should just go to sleep now, sleep in tomorrow and just wake up to the photos! LOL!

did you get that old Disney commercial "Im too excited to sleep". Did you have them in canada? (im assuming youre in canada, isnt quest?)

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No I don't remember that commercial... but I sounds like that is exactly how i feel. I am in canada as u guessed, but Quest is in the DC area ...i actually did not think anyone locally could do what he does

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fi.Z|1364520243|3415655 said:
No I don't remember that commercial... but I sounds like that is exactly how i feel. I am in canada as u guessed, but Quest is in the DC area ...i actually did not think anyone locally could do what he does
Haha that's weird I don't know why I thought it was in Canada, but I guess I got it partially right.

Everything I've heard about Quest is they do amazing stuff, so I can't imagine its anything less than perfect. I've never seem anyone turn a ring into a halo, so I'm very interested in what it'll look like. I know the pictures come tomorrow, when does the ring?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If everything looks good, I should get it... sometime next week! Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it here yet????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results