shape
carat
color
clarity
16.gif

But another thing is nagging at me and I can't resist.
Below is a Superbcert stone that fits more comfortably in the budget. I'm just not feeling very confident about this vendor even though I have read good things about the Superbcert diamonds. This is supposed to be a VS1 yet there is a big needle on the inclusion map. Also, there's something funny about the photo's in the "additional pictures" posted on their web page.

Would anyone mind looking at the detailed pictures of this stone? Sorry, I'm having serious problems copying and pasting. I wish I could just post the Idealscope and photo's of the stone for everyone's convenience.

This stone has many reports to support the data, but the actual photo's look strange to me. It seems to have a dark center. It could just be the photo but I thought I'd ask those who are better than me at interpreting these things.

Just so you know, I have found two other options from PS vendors but are of course over my revised budget. I may still get fed up and take the plunge as long as DH is comfortable with raising this so called budget again! I'd rather not do that to him, I've got one in college and another one applying as we speak.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/2215.html

Thanks yet again!
Mrs T

Sponsored By:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SuperbCert has an excellent reputation and to my eyes, that stone is absolutely gorgeous. I don''t think you''ll be able to EVER see that needle in real life. What you will see, is amazing fire blazing from a beautifully cut stone.

Good luck to you. Nice Stone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
superbcert sells excellent stones...plus they have a return policy so if the stone was not what you thought it was, you could return it!

just because a stone is a VS1 does not mean it won''t have inclusions. they just really shouldn''t be eye-visible at this point. have you TALKED to SC about this stone other than just looking at it online? online pictures and images and all that help immensely but nothing replaces actually speaking to the vendor who has the stone in-house so they can pull it and eye-ball it and tell you what you want to know about it. ask about eye-cleanliness, mention the darkness under the table, etc. i am sure they will set your mind at ease.

good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You also might want to ask why there is a discrepancy between the crown and pavillion angles on the cert vs. what is listed under the megascope info...Also depths on crown too.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought a stone from SC before. I have absolutely no reservations about them. In fact, I would never hesitate to buy another stone from them.

It may just be the way the diamond is photographed that is making it appear dark.

Ask Barry if it looks dark. He will be completely honest with you. If he has any reservations or thinks it''s not a great stone or doesn''t have great light return, he will tell you. He has steered me away from so-so stones before. THAT impressed me. He was completely above-board. Very honest, reputable seller with integrity.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I did call Barry and they are posting better pictures. I didn''t ask about the crown and pavillion discrepancies.

I do see that the stone only scores 2.1 ex,vg,vg,vg which I did mention only because most Super Ideal cuts score lower than that from my experience. I know HCA is not the only tool for selection and I use it loosely but I thought it unusual that it didn''t fair better. Perhaps I should make sure of the measurements and then try the HCA again.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Ellen:

I remember a question about Sarin and cert''s not matching up. One answer was the calibration in the machines can cause measurements to be off a bit. Which data do you trust, the GIA or the megascope?

Mrs T

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2006 2:05:31 PM
Author: Mrs.T
Ellen:

I remember a question about Sarin and cert''s not matching up. One answer was the calibration in the machines can cause measurements to be off a bit. Which data do you trust, the GIA or the megascope?

Mrs T
my sarin and cert info didn''t match up... and in fact it listed my culet as 10% or .76mm and we all know those are taken by width, right? ha! wrong in this case... the culet is .76 length wise and the width is *tiny* and I was actually disappointed that the culet wasn''t bigger. Also the dimensions were all off by a couple hundredths of a mm but I''m not sure that really is a big deal in the big scheme. It DID leave me feeling I couldn''t trust the info though. I felt more confident in the GIA cert than the sarin I got.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen:

Mrs T
I agree, scans can vary a bit from the cert. For instance, my cert read 41PA, Sarin 41PA, Helium 40.95. that''s no biggie. But to me, to go from 40.8 PA to 41 PA is not just a bit. If it''s what''s really on the cert, fine. But if it''s really a 34.8 CA/41 PA, I''d keep looking myself.

I''d just ask about it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The GIA numbers aren''t going to be exactly the same as a Sarin because the GIA numbers are rounded. So that''s nothing to worry about. That stone is gorgeous! VS1 means the inclusions are difficult to see with a 10x LOUPE! So I see no reason to be concerned about the clarity...and this is coming from a person who prefers high clarity (I got an H VS1 myself!).

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2006 6:19:14 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The GIA numbers aren''t going to be exactly the same as a Sarin because the GIA numbers are rounded. So that''s nothing to worry about. That stone is gorgeous! VS1 means the inclusions are difficult to see with a 10x LOUPE! So I see no reason to be concerned about the clarity...and this is coming from a person who prefers high clarity (I got an H VS1 myself!).
ds, if the numbers on that stone are truly 34.8/41, IMO that''s not a good combo. You want/need a shallower crown with a 41 PA.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Come to think of it, though, did you see that Good Old Gold has a couple of AGS0 stones almost that exact size and price but H VS2? The inclusions look less on this VS2 cert than the other one, but I guess you''d have someone really look at them with a loupe to know what either looks like:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2366/

I was looking at these when I got DSS and was thinking about upgrading my stone before it gets set! Lol!

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone: Appreciate the feedback. I looked at the new pictures and there''s just something I don''t like about that stone.

I''m at a loss, and actually down in the dumps. I feel as if this is never going to happen. I don''t have any more time to spend on this so I''m in a panic. Help!

Would any of you nice, patient, PS''rs mind if I listed the three stones I''ve been staring at for days?(paper- not the real stones)

My problem is I''m making too many concessions to stay in a budget and I''m paralyzed. The stones I''ve found on line are all different sizes, prices, color, and clarity. Even with all the deviating I''ve done from my Dream stone, and raising the budget, I still can''t seem to find anything. Boy I hate to post what I''m spending here, but don''t you think I should be able to find a knockout stone for 20K? The answer is probably I can''t and therefore I should throw in the towel.
Just too much of a challenge for me.

Anyone mind helping me sort out this choice?
I''m so reluctant to call on all of you again but somehow I just can''t throw in the towel yet. I really want my new ring already!

WF has a great stone I can''t see in person but I''m afraid to buy it because it''s an "I" color. Lots of you guys have "I" stones and they look beautiful. Then lots of people would never get anything higher than an E/F.

I''ve got to run to the doctor. Sorry for ranting. It kind of felt good even though I''ve made a fool of myself.
Mrs. T

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. T ....calm down.
1.gif
This should be fun!

It's really not that stressful. Why? Because it's not like you only have one chance to make the right decision here. You CAN order a stone and look at it for 10 days. If you don't like it....return it! Check out the next one.

Have three stones that are driving you mad? Which is the top choice if you had to point and choose? Order it. Look at it in person. Sometimes seeing things in person is the only way to determine if this is the stone for you or not. Numbers can be great to get you so far, but you won't know if you love an I stone unless you see it in person. Same with a 41 pav angle. Or whatever the dilemma of the day is.

The beautiful thing is that there ARE three stones that are speaking to you. At least you have the option of 3 stones. Some people's pickins are so slim they can hardly find one. So start checking them out, literally. Good luck.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you should absolutely be able to find a knock out at that price! Hang in there, I for one would be glad to help you, and I''m sure other would also.
2.gif

Post specs and we''ll go from there.

One question, do you know exactly how color sensitive you are?

And please, you have NOT made a fool of yourself.

Waiting to hear...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree mrs. t. now that we have an idea of your budget, post your specs and we''ll be glad to help you. please do not worry. you will have a gorgeous stone....

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have to clean some bathrooms and make dinner, but I''ll be back.

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of coourse we''d love to help you! It is always fun to spend someone else''s money!! GOG has a couple of possibilities that are AGS0 in that size/price range. Was there something you didn''t like about them?

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I like what Mara said about just having them sent to look at, but I want to at least have it narrowed down to two.
Every time you have a stone shiipped you pay for shipping and insurance. I may as well get on a plane and fly to some of the vendors.

Diamondseeker: I want your avatar! Always admired that diamond.
30.gif

Anyway, I''m not sure I like the depth and tables of some of GOG''st stones. I think I like a larger table 55 - 57 - I think. And I don''t like them too deep because I think that causes the darkness I''m so paranoid about, but what do I know. GOG is great to work with and I would have no problem dealing with them.

Anyway here goes...
My priorities are: Size, Eye Clean, Bright and Sparkly, Budget of 20k,Ideal/Excellent Cut, not necessarily H&A.

1. WF: 2.32 I VS2 (Expert)/ HCA1.5 20k
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2449792.htm

Everything is good on this one but I''m afraid I won''t be comfortable with the color.

2. WF: 2.05 G SI1 (Expert) /HCA1.4 $20+k
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2480930.htm

WF says this is eye clean from 10" and good eyes can see at 4". Not sure I''m comfortable with that either. I do not want to see any inclusions. I have eagle eyes.

3. WF: 2.06 G SI1 /(ACA)/ HCA.9 $24+k
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2458437.htm

No brainer! "A Cut Above", but I just won''t have funds to set it! Also: This is "eye clean" SI1
30.gif

4. GOG: 1.85 H VVS1/ HCA:.6 $ 20k
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2371/

GemEx report is excellent, I like the 55 table, CrownAngle is not optimum.

5. GOG: 1.76 H VS2/ HCA 1.5 $16+k

Gemex VH,VH,VH,VH, I like this stone very much but it''s a little small for my size hand. I would set this one in the Memoire
and I think it would be very nice even though not the carat size I wanted. Also great price but last week WF had almost the exact thing for 1,000 less.

6. JamesAllen: 1.83 G SI1/ HCA 1.2 $16+
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=858503

Can''t say for sure but this looks eyeclean.

My first choice is #3. Hate to pass on that one. Other than that I can''t decide.

I know I said I had three but I added the others in for good measure.

GoodEvening,
Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well thanks very much, Mrs. T! I do love my diamond, but it has been shrinking lately, so I do think it would be good if you could hit that 2 ct. mark!
9.gif

I''m sorry that I didn''t realize that you were looking in the size and price range that you are when I suggested the under 2 ct. GOG stones. I was just mentioning them because I thought they were similar but maybe better than the Excel stone you had posted. I was sort of looking at them myself since my 1.63 was starting to not seem so big anymore! Lol!

I will look at all the 2 ct. stones and give you an opinion in am few minutes! But I want to comment on your note on number 4.
You said, "GemEx report is excellent, I like the 55 table, CrownAngle is not optimum." This diamond has 3 very highs on the GemEx (brillancescope) and it is AGS0. So I don''t see a thing that would dissuade me from buying it! And it is one that I have considered if I decided to upgrade..which I am trying hard not to do! (I am trying to allot some money for earrings!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After looking at them, of course the ACA #3 is going to stand out...and it should since it costs a lot more than the others! It is a shame that once you go over 2 cts. with a higher color, the clarity really raises the price if you go above SI1. And I am with you...if I did go with SI1, it had better be 100% eye clean even at 4 inches!

What is lacking in your search is a selection of H color stones at the 2 ct. mark. I agree that I color is borderline for me, and those you really need to see to determine if the color works for you or not. After all, there are high I''s and low I''s! But that I VS2 might be worth looking at since it''s really larger than all the others! WF has many G color stones from the 1.6-2.2 range, but no H ACA''s and I think one H VS2 ES, which was nice but expensive as well. If I were you and wanted to stick with the $20000 budget and 2 cts., I might wait until WF gets some more stones in.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My two picks are #3 since you like it and it's 2c and eye clean and #1 because it's the biggest.

To me those are two great options because then can see if you like the G vs I difference, and since the SI is an eye clean stone, it's a moot point to compare it to the VS2 really. Then you can see if there is any sort of size diff to your eyes between 2c and 2.35c.

VVS is overkill which I would never pay for...I'd rather wait to see what else surfaced but you have other options, and the other stones are too small for me. I would never get a 1.75c when I could get a 2.35. Shrinkage DOES set in sooner rather than later. For me color is negotiable. I would be surprised if you saw a huge difference between G and I...there probably will be some but not much. I is a great option IMO esp if clarity is more important to you than color.

In terms of setting the G stone if you did get it...I would say the stone is the most important thing...put it in a $300 temp setting and get the setting you really want in a year or two. Pickins are slim for large, well cut stones and they are just going up in price....so for me the stone is the most important element, if you find the right one, get it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trying to find anything in your range. This one looks good, except the measurements don''t match between the cert and the description....

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=901046

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=864417

Would have to get angles for this one

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=860898

This one looks good.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=139987

Just thought I''d try and give you more options. And of course you have to find out if the SI 1''s are eye clean.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning:

I skimmed your reply''s but don''t have time today to respond properly. I will be back Sat. morning with my thoughts.
Thanks for the input and great advice.

On a personal note, I''m so excited! Tonight is my son''s first Varsity football game and with our town''s rival team.
I get butterfly''s thinking about it! My DS is the kicker. It''s so nerve-racking!!!! (Is that spelled right?)

Today I''m going to squeeze in a visit to a jeweler that carries Hearts on Fire diamonds to see what "I" color looks like.

Will Let you know how I make out.

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs T, unless they will let you take the diamond outside or to a non-tinted window with natural light, you won''t be able to tell a thing about color in a jewelry store..just wanted to warn you! (At Tiffany''s, and E and an I looked identical!) Plus, like I said before, a high I might be okay to you and a low I not okay, so you''d really have to see this stone to know. I sent for two stones to look at and returned them before I ended up with the one I kept. So use that option to find the best one for you!!! I can''t wait to see, and I think it would be great if that I diamond was a high I!!!

How exciting about your son''s game! I think it is "nerve-wracking"!
32.gif

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone:

I just finished reading the reply''s and looking up the James Allen diamonds Ellen posted.

Diamondseeker: Thanks for the correction on the spelling. I did try the dictionary before I typed it.
I didn''t realize that it''s hard to see color difference in a jewelry store! I''ll keep that in mind next time.
I survived the game. DS scored the only points with a 32 yd field goal. But it was still a good game.

I went out yesterday to look at different colored stones. It was a complete waste of time. What really blows me away is how these jewelers can say these diamonds they are showing me are "Ideal" cuts. I''m also puzzled as to why an "I" stone in one jewelry store looks great (even in natural daylight) and "G" stones have visible tint. It makes no sense to me.

#1 and #3 are the ones I"m leaning towards. WF sent me a photo of the two next to each other. I wish I knew how to get it posted here. I know nothing about files and how to transfer them to this post. Anyway the "I" stone looks fine and I am giving it serious consideration. I seems as if the symmetry is off but that might be the photo since the web picture looks fine. In the photo, the arrows aren''t as prominent as the ACA but that wouldn''t bother me. So this is a possibility. I''m considering having this sent to an appraiser for me to view.

Ellen: Thank you for taking the time to post some "H" stones in the 2.00ct range. I don''t know how I missed those.
I looked at all of them and picked two.

JA #901046:2.00H VS2 New GIA cert with measurements. All these fall into 1A on the AGA grading chart. Very nice! GIA gives it Excellent for cut, Excellent for Polish, Very Good for Symmetry. What are the drawbacks of VG grade in symmetry? I guess this means it isn''t H&A but I don''t mind that as I mentioned above. The sparkle is more important to me.
Here are the specs:
Tabble: 56 Depth:61.9 CrownA: 34.5 Pav.A:40.8 Pav.D:43 CrownD:15.5 HCA:1.3 ex/ex/ex/vg

JA #864417 2.13H SI1
New Gia cert with measurements. All fall into 1A category on the AGAcut chart. This one iscores slightly better with grading of Excellent cut, Excellent Symmetry, Excellent Polish. The only drawback would be the inclusions which this stone seems to have scattered throughout the table. Who at JA can look at this and tell me if it''s completely eye clean?

Here are specs:
Table: 56 Depth:61.8 CrownA: 34.0 PavA:40.8 PavD:43 CrownD:15 HCA1.0 ex/ex/ex/vg

Will JA provide an Idealscope image?

I would say I have three stones to choose from in my budget. The two JA''s above, and the WF "I" stone which is slightly larger than the others. It would be nice to stay in the 20k range since I have this really nice setting that I know can''t be inexpensive. I''m going to try and post a picture. I''ve done it before but it''s not working anymore.

Let me know if you agree. And again, I thank you for all the help.

Mrs T

MrsT

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here ya go:

RINGC58mrst.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, I really LOVE that! It is so similar to the rings I was looking at! Now you make me second guess going with a plain set! But that jeweler would kill me if I called him today and told him I changed my mind! Lol! I felt that way yesterday when I saw a Leoon Mege round with pear sides! It''s hard when you really love two or three looks and can''t have three 1.5 ct.+ diamonds to put in them all!

Wow, congrats to your son for scoring the only points for his team! I''ll bet your heart was beating right out of your chest!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and email the administrators and they'll be happy to post the WF photo for you!!! I can't tell a thing about color in those kinds of photos, but they are great for seeing size differences!

The vg symmetry would be fine on the JA stone, it just wouldn't be a perfect H&A pattern. But you likely would never be able to tell it. I'm glad you are having the I color diamond sent to look at. JUst be sure you view it in all possible lighting because diamonds DO look different in different lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
' );
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I really feel silly taking so long to decide on a stone, but I do feel I'm getting closer. In fact, I was geting to a point that I could probably decide on a stone without running to the forum for help.
16.gif

Below is a Superbcert stone that fits more comfortably in the budget. I'm just not feeling very confident about this vendor even though I have read good things about the Superbcert diamonds. This is supposed to be a VS1 yet there is a big needle on the inclusion map. Also, there's something funny about the photo's in the "additional pictures" posted on their web page.

Would anyone mind looking at the detailed pictures of this stone? Sorry, I'm having serious problems copying and pasting. I wish I could just post the Idealscope and photo's of the stone for everyone's convenience.

This stone has many reports to support the data, but the actual photo's look strange to me. It seems to have a dark center. It could just be the photo but I thought I'd ask those who are better than me at interpreting these things.

Just so you know, I have found two other options from PS vendors but are of course over my revised budget. I may still get fed up and take the plunge as long as DH is comfortable with raising this so called budget again! I'd rather not do that to him, I've got one in college and another one applying as we speak.

Thanks yet again!
Mrs T

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SuperbCert has an excellent reputation and to my eyes, that stone is absolutely gorgeous. I don''t think you''ll be able to EVER see that needle in real life. What you will see, is amazing fire blazing from a beautifully cut stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
superbcert sells excellent stones...plus they have a return policy so if the stone was not what you thought it was, you could return it!

just because a stone is a VS1 does not mean it won''t have inclusions. they just really shouldn''t be eye-visible at this point. have you TALKED to SC about this stone other than just looking at it online? online pictures and images and all that help immensely but nothing replaces actually speaking to the vendor who has the stone in-house so they can pull it and eye-ball it and tell you what you want to know about it. ask about eye-cleanliness, mention the darkness under the table, etc. i am sure they will set your mind at ease.

good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You also might want to ask why there is a discrepancy between the crown and pavillion angles on the cert vs. what is listed under the megascope info...Also depths on crown too.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought a stone from SC before. I have absolutely no reservations about them. In fact, I would never hesitate to buy another stone from them.

It may just be the way the diamond is photographed that is making it appear dark.

Ask Barry if it looks dark. He will be completely honest with you. If he has any reservations or thinks it''s not a great stone or doesn''t have great light return, he will tell you. He has steered me away from so-so stones before. THAT impressed me. He was completely above-board. Very honest, reputable seller with integrity.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I did call Barry and they are posting better pictures. I didn''t ask about the crown and pavillion discrepancies.

I do see that the stone only scores 2.1 ex,vg,vg,vg which I did mention only because most Super Ideal cuts score lower than that from my experience. I know HCA is not the only tool for selection and I use it loosely but I thought it unusual that it didn''t fair better. Perhaps I should make sure of the measurements and then try the HCA again.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Ellen:

Mrs T

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen:

Mrs T
my sarin and cert info didn''t match up... and in fact it listed my culet as 10% or .76mm and we all know those are taken by width, right? ha! wrong in this case... the culet is .76 length wise and the width is *tiny* and I was actually disappointed that the culet wasn''t bigger. Also the dimensions were all off by a couple hundredths of a mm but I''m not sure that really is a big deal in the big scheme. It DID leave me feeling I couldn''t trust the info though. I felt more confident in the GIA cert than the sarin I got.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen:

Mrs T
I agree, scans can vary a bit from the cert. For instance, my cert read 41PA, Sarin 41PA, Helium 40.95. that''s no biggie. But to me, to go from 40.8 PA to 41 PA is not just a bit. If it''s what''s really on the cert, fine. But if it''s really a 34.8 CA/41 PA, I''d keep looking myself.

I''d just ask about it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ds, if the numbers on that stone are truly 34.8/41, IMO that''s not a good combo. You want/need a shallower crown with a 41 PA.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Come to think of it, though, did you see that Good Old Gold has a couple of AGS0 stones almost that exact size and price but H VS2? The inclusions look less on this VS2 cert than the other one, but I guess you''d have someone really look at them with a loupe to know what either looks like:

I was looking at these when I got DSS and was thinking about upgrading my stone before it gets set! Lol!

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone: Appreciate the feedback. I looked at the new pictures and there''s just something I don''t like about that stone.

I''m at a loss, and actually down in the dumps. I feel as if this is never going to happen. I don''t have any more time to spend on this so I''m in a panic. Help!

Would any of you nice, patient, PS''rs mind if I listed the three stones I''ve been staring at for days?(paper- not the real stones)

My problem is I''m making too many concessions to stay in a budget and I''m paralyzed. The stones I''ve found on line are all different sizes, prices, color, and clarity. Even with all the deviating I''ve done from my Dream stone, and raising the budget, I still can''t seem to find anything. Boy I hate to post what I''m spending here, but don''t you think I should be able to find a knockout stone for 20K? The answer is probably I can''t and therefore I should throw in the towel.

I''m so reluctant to call on all of you again but somehow I just can''t throw in the towel yet. I really want my new ring already!

WF has a great stone I can''t see in person but I''m afraid to buy it because it''s an "I" color. Lots of you guys have "I" stones and they look beautiful. Then lots of people would never get anything higher than an E/F.

I''ve got to run to the doctor. Sorry for ranting. It kind of felt good even though I''ve made a fool of myself.
Mrs. T

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. T ....calm down.
1.gif
This should be fun!

It's really not that stressful. Why? Because it's not like you only have one chance to make the right decision here. You CAN order a stone and look at it for 10 days. If you don't like it....return it! Check out the next one.

Have three stones that are driving you mad? Which is the top choice if you had to point and choose? Order it. Look at it in person. Sometimes seeing things in person is the only way to determine if this is the stone for you or not. Numbers can be great to get you so far, but you won't know if you love an I stone unless you see it in person. Same with a 41 pav angle. Or whatever the dilemma of the day is.

The beautiful thing is that there ARE three stones that are speaking to you. At least you have the option of 3 stones. Some people's pickins are so slim they can hardly find one. So start checking them out, literally. Good luck.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you should absolutely be able to find a knock out at that price! Hang in there, I for one would be glad to help you, and I''m sure other would also.
2.gif

Waiting to hear...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree mrs. t. now that we have an idea of your budget, post your specs and we''ll be glad to help you. please do not worry. you will have a gorgeous stone....

MrsT

Shiny_Rock

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of coourse we''d love to help you! It is always fun to spend someone else''s money!! GOG has a couple of possibilities that are AGS0 in that size/price range. Was there something you didn''t like about them?

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I like what Mara said about just having them sent to look at, but I want to at least have it narrowed down to two.
Every time you have a stone shiipped you pay for shipping and insurance. I may as well get on a plane and fly to some of the vendors.

30.gif

Anyway, I''m not sure I like the depth and tables of some of GOG''st stones. I think I like a larger table 55 - 57 - I think. And I don''t like them too deep because I think that causes the darkness I''m so paranoid about, but what do I know. GOG is great to work with and I would have no problem dealing with them.

Anyway here goes...
My priorities are: Size, Eye Clean, Bright and Sparkly, Budget of 20k,Ideal/Excellent Cut, not necessarily H&A.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2449792.htm

Everything is good on this one but I''m afraid I won''t be comfortable with the color.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2480930.htm

WF says this is eye clean from 10" and good eyes can see at 4". Not sure I''m comfortable with that either. I do not want to see any inclusions. I have eagle eyes.

No brainer! "A Cut Above", but I just won''t have funds to set it! Also: This is "eye clean" SI1
30.gif

Gemex VH,VH,VH,VH, I like this stone very much but it''s a little small for my size hand. I would set this one in the Memoire
and I think it would be very nice even though not the carat size I wanted. Also great price but last week WF had almost the exact thing for 1,000 less.

My first choice is #3. Hate to pass on that one. Other than that I can''t decide.

GoodEvening,
Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well thanks very much, Mrs. T! I do love my diamond, but it has been shrinking lately, so I do think it would be good if you could hit that 2 ct. mark!
9.gif

I''m sorry that I didn''t realize that you were looking in the size and price range that you are when I suggested the under 2 ct. GOG stones. I was just mentioning them because I thought they were similar but maybe better than the Excel stone you had posted. I was sort of looking at them myself since my 1.63 was starting to not seem so big anymore! Lol!

I will look at all the 2 ct. stones and give you an opinion in am few minutes! But I want to comment on your note on number 4.
You said, "GemEx report is excellent, I like the 55 table, CrownAngle is not optimum." This diamond has 3 very highs on the GemEx (brillancescope) and it is AGS0. So I don''t see a thing that would dissuade me from buying it! And it is one that I have considered if I decided to upgrade..which I am trying hard not to do! (I am trying to allot some money for earrings!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After looking at them, of course the ACA #3 is going to stand out...and it should since it costs a lot more than the others! It is a shame that once you go over 2 cts. with a higher color, the clarity really raises the price if you go above SI1. And I am with you...if I did go with SI1, it had better be 100% eye clean even at 4 inches!

What is lacking in your search is a selection of H color stones at the 2 ct. mark. I agree that I color is borderline for me, and those you really need to see to determine if the color works for you or not. After all, there are high I''s and low I''s! But that I VS2 might be worth looking at since it''s really larger than all the others! WF has many G color stones from the 1.6-2.2 range, but no H ACA''s and I think one H VS2 ES, which was nice but expensive as well. If I were you and wanted to stick with the $20000 budget and 2 cts., I might wait until WF gets some more stones in.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My two picks are #3 since you like it and it's 2c and eye clean and #1 because it's the biggest.

To me those are two great options because then can see if you like the G vs I difference, and since the SI is an eye clean stone, it's a moot point to compare it to the VS2 really. Then you can see if there is any sort of size diff to your eyes between 2c and 2.35c.

VVS is overkill which I would never pay for...I'd rather wait to see what else surfaced but you have other options, and the other stones are too small for me. I would never get a 1.75c when I could get a 2.35. Shrinkage DOES set in sooner rather than later. For me color is negotiable. I would be surprised if you saw a huge difference between G and I...there probably will be some but not much. I is a great option IMO esp if clarity is more important to you than color.

In terms of setting the G stone if you did get it...I would say the stone is the most important thing...put it in a $300 temp setting and get the setting you really want in a year or two. Pickins are slim for large, well cut stones and they are just going up in price....so for me the stone is the most important element, if you find the right one, get it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trying to find anything in your range. This one looks good, except the measurements don''t match between the cert and the description....

This one looks good.

Just thought I''d try and give you more options. And of course you have to find out if the SI 1''s are eye clean.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning:

I skimmed your reply''s but don''t have time today to respond properly. I will be back Sat. morning with my thoughts.

On a personal note, I''m so excited! Tonight is my son''s first Varsity football game and with our town''s rival team.
I get butterfly''s thinking about it! My DS is the kicker. It''s so nerve-racking!!!! (Is that spelled right?)

Today I''m going to squeeze in a visit to a jeweler that carries Hearts on Fire diamonds to see what "I" color looks like.

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs T, unless they will let you take the diamond outside or to a non-tinted window with natural light, you won''t be able to tell a thing about color in a jewelry store..just wanted to warn you! (At Tiffany''s, and E and an I looked identical!) Plus, like I said before, a high I might be okay to you and a low I not okay, so you''d really have to see this stone to know. I sent for two stones to look at and returned them before I ended up with the one I kept. So use that option to find the best one for you!!! I can''t wait to see, and I think it would be great if that I diamond was a high I!!!

32.gif

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone:

I just finished reading the reply''s and looking up the James Allen diamonds Ellen posted.

Diamondseeker: Thanks for the correction on the spelling. I did try the dictionary before I typed it.
I didn''t realize that it''s hard to see color difference in a jewelry store! I''ll keep that in mind next time.
I survived the game. DS scored the only points with a 32 yd field goal. But it was still a good game.

I went out yesterday to look at different colored stones. It was a complete waste of time. What really blows me away is how these jewelers can say these diamonds they are showing me are "Ideal" cuts. I''m also puzzled as to why an "I" stone in one jewelry store looks great (even in natural daylight) and "G" stones have visible tint. It makes no sense to me.

#1 and #3 are the ones I"m leaning towards. WF sent me a photo of the two next to each other. I wish I knew how to get it posted here. I know nothing about files and how to transfer them to this post. Anyway the "I" stone looks fine and I am giving it serious consideration. I seems as if the symmetry is off but that might be the photo since the web picture looks fine. In the photo, the arrows aren''t as prominent as the ACA but that wouldn''t bother me. So this is a possibility. I''m considering having this sent to an appraiser for me to view.

Ellen: Thank you for taking the time to post some "H" stones in the 2.00ct range. I don''t know how I missed those.

JA #901046:2.00H VS2 New GIA cert with measurements. All these fall into 1A on the AGA grading chart. Very nice! GIA gives it Excellent for cut, Excellent for Polish, Very Good for Symmetry. What are the drawbacks of VG grade in symmetry? I guess this means it isn''t H&A but I don''t mind that as I mentioned above. The sparkle is more important to me.
Here are the specs:
Tabble: 56 Depth:61.9 CrownA: 34.5 Pav.A:40.8 Pav.D:43 CrownD:15.5 HCA:1.3 ex/ex/ex/vg

JA #864417 2.13H SI1
New Gia cert with measurements. All fall into 1A category on the AGAcut chart. This one iscores slightly better with grading of Excellent cut, Excellent Symmetry, Excellent Polish. The only drawback would be the inclusions which this stone seems to have scattered throughout the table. Who at JA can look at this and tell me if it''s completely eye clean?

Here are specs:
Table: 56 Depth:61.8 CrownA: 34.0 PavA:40.8 PavD:43 CrownD:15 HCA1.0 ex/ex/ex/vg

I would say I have three stones to choose from in my budget. The two JA''s above, and the WF "I" stone which is slightly larger than the others. It would be nice to stay in the 20k range since I have this really nice setting that I know can''t be inexpensive. I''m going to try and post a picture. I''ve done it before but it''s not working anymore.

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, I really LOVE that! It is so similar to the rings I was looking at! Now you make me second guess going with a plain set! But that jeweler would kill me if I called him today and told him I changed my mind! Lol! I felt that way yesterday when I saw a Leoon Mege round with pear sides! It''s hard when you really love two or three looks and can''t have three 1.5 ct.+ diamonds to put in them all!

Wow, congrats to your son for scoring the only points for his team! I''ll bet your heart was beating right out of your chest!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and email the administrators and they'll be happy to post the WF photo for you!!! I can't tell a thing about color in those kinds of photos, but they are great for seeing size differences!

The vg symmetry would be fine on the JA stone, it just wouldn't be a perfect H&A pattern. But you likely would never be able to tell it. I'm glad you are having the I color diamond sent to look at. JUst be sure you view it in all possible lighting because diamonds DO look different in different lighting.

Status

The never ending search...

Status

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I really feel silly taking so long to decide on a stone, but I do feel I'm getting closer. In fact, I was geting to a point that I could probably decide on a stone without running to the forum for help.
16.gif

Thanks yet again!
Mrs T

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizz

Brilliant_Rock

MrsT

Shiny_Rock

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Ellen:

Mrs T

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen:

Mrs T

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen:

Mrs T

I''d just ask about it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MrsT

Shiny_Rock

Mrs. T

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. T ....calm down.
1.gif
This should be fun!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Waiting to hear...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

MrsT

Shiny_Rock

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MrsT

Shiny_Rock

30.gif

Anyway here goes...

30.gif

GoodEvening,
Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

This one looks good.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning:

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

32.gif

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone:

Here are the specs:

JA #864417 2.13H SI1

Here are specs:

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Status
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results