shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you to Martin @ USA CERTED!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ambrosia30

Rough_Rock

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give you my purchasing experience with USA Certed. I think Martin Sheffield of USA Certed is a great vendor!!

I began my search using pricescope's loose diamond price comparison search for H&A and AGS0 stones and the list that came back was mostly of USA Certed stones and couple of other pricescope vendors. Right off the bat you could tell that USA Certed had one of the lowest prices. One of the reasons for this is that USA Certed drop ships stones and do not have these stones in house.
When I contacted Martin by phone he wasn't available so I left him a message and he called me back within the hour. I inquired about an AGS0 H&A stone that came up in my pricescope search which happened to still be available. He sent me a copy of the AGS certificate by email and since I live in NYC he arranged for me to see the stone in person before purchasing. The company who owns the stone is a wholesaler and will not let the public in. Martin had a jeweller friend pick it up for me and arranged for me to see it. After I saw the stone I contacted Martin to let him know that I was interested in purchasing the stone but I would be going out of town for a week on vacation. Martin actually held the diamond for me for a week the day after I saw it.

I'm not sure how many vendors would actually do this for you without putting down a deposit but Martin did. Thanks again!

The only thing I would have done differently is to have asked Martin to send it to an appraiser before making the purchase. Everything on my stone matched the AGS Certificate but the color was graded a soft G by the appraiser I went to while on the cert the color is G (which makes sense because there is no color grade for soft G). I think I would have purchased this diamond anyways and asked for more of a discount but another person might have passed.
Other than that the appraiser said it really was a beautiful stone, one of the best he’s seen.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your write up ambrosia. I''m glad it worked out, and it sounds like Martin was very accomodating.

We look forward to seeing the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results