shape
carat
color
clarity

THANK YOU AZABIAS-ONLINE SHOPPING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stever

Rough_Rock
First, let me say this is my first time posting but thank you all on these boards becuase I have been reading and researching before making ''the decision'' for several weeks, and everyone on these boards has been very informative. My post right now will describe a great experience with online diamond shopping, with a someone named Audrey at a company called Azabias.

I choose to browse Azabias due to suggestions from these forums on reliable online dealers. My main concern with selecting a diamond and the reason for going online was cut, hitting 1.5 carats, having many diamonds to choose from (rather than just a few at retail stores), no haggling or hassle and getting a fair (if not low) price. Right before New Years I saw several selections on Azabias website that I inquired about. The very same day Audrey emailed me back that she would check out the specs on my selections but also advised me of a stone NOT listed on the site that she personally thought was a top choice and one that she thought I should consider strongly. She emailed me the cert. and the stone looked great on paper and scored a 1.0 on the HCA-highest excellent rating. To make a long story short, after really checking out the dimensions and angles of the stone and putting confidence in Audrey, I decided to purchase the stone as follows:

Round brilliant 1.52 carat
Certification: EGL USA (not EGL Israel as these are highly inaccurate certs.)
Cut: EGL Ideal
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.7%
Meas: 7.44 x 7.4 x 4.56 mm
Clarity VS2
Color: H
Flouorescence: None
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Crown angle 37.0 degrees
Pavilion angle: 40.1 degrees
Girdle: Medium 1.7-3.1%

Now,through the course of about two weeks, Audrey (and Tom helped out for Audrey one of the days too when she was away) was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate--did not try to ''sell'' me anything and just tried to find the right stone. She quickly elimintaed stones that she thought would not be top picks. I cannot say enough how quick her responses were to any of my questions & concerns, or how perfect here answers and responses were.

The outcome: Being a very meticulous type of person, I had the stone looked at by (3) different local stores with certified GIA appraisers. In summary: Color was ''in-line'' and the stone certainly faced up how I wanted it to. All appraisers thought clarity was UNDERSTATED on the cert. One even suggested it should be a VVS2 if not, then a real good VS1. They were all BLOWN AWAY by Audrey''s selection of the stone for its cut value. The stone had so much fire that one of the appraisers flat out told me I (and Audrey) did excellent and he would not even want to suggest another 1.52 carat stone for me--even in a higher price range. So, I am extrememly satisified and really impressed with how Audrey found this super ideally cut stone--I could never have myself.

Oh, price you ask? Well, I suppose most people think of online diamond sites for prices--many jewelrs even call them whores becuase supposedly they make very little...In this case with Azabias, customer service and diamond knowledge outshined all other aspects of diamond selection--But if you must ask, I paid $7,140, so I will end the conversation about good prices at Azabias right there :)

Thanks Audrey and everyone at Azabias. PS: They have a 10 day no questions asked return policy too and that totally made me confortable with purching online. Any questions in particular feel free to email me, and I''ll even give you my phone # to assure you that this is a totally voluntary and happily satisifed post!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Great to hear of your wonderful experience with Abazias!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Looks like an incredible non-conventional ideal! Congrats!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Stever

Rough_Rock
i will post pics as soon as it is set! im going to put it in a 6-prong platinum band that tapers down from the center with .50ct of pave. thanks gang!
loopy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results