carat
color
clarity

Tacori setting!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am new here! Hello!

I just went to a local jeweler and fell in love with this setting. What do you all think? it's pricy though, about $1500 more than the one I liked at Shane Co (yes, I know).

http://www.tacori.com/engagement/57-2rd65.html

Any thoughts on Tacori? Worth the price?

Thanks!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What we think doesn't matter if you really love it. A lot of people love tacori, and if its what speaks to you I say go for it.

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Thanks! You are right. It's hard, because so many different styles speak to me. How do you ever choose? My poor boyfriend is going to be driven mad.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it worth the price... Not to me. The diamonds are so small for the price. My DIL has a Tacori ering that retails (setting only) for $9000. The matching wedding band is $6000. For that price she got .44 ct side stones on the ering and not much on the wedding band. I would rather have a nice ACA eternity of substantial weight for that price. To each their own, or as Kenny says; people vary.

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Good to know! The one I'm looking at is 2670, which is quite a bit more than others I have seen. I might go back and look at more JA!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Oooo I really like the 1st two. I wonder if they could do that second one with all diamonds!?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see that price being so bad for Tacori at all. If you want an antique style setting, look at Beverley K as well. Some of theirs are more reasonable and Pearlman's and Good Old Gold both carry that line. I think the Tacori is very nice if that is the one you love the most. My plain Vatche platinum solitaire was $1800, so I just don't see this Tacori being terribly overpriced.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lindsayd|1418855280|3803191 said:
Thanks! You are right. It's hard, because so many different styles speak to me. How do you ever choose? My poor boyfriend is going to be driven mad.

Try as many styles on as humanity possible. Maybe even buy a few cz fakies from a department store. Wear them for a little while.

I looooove vintage style rings. I think they are amazing.

But I bought one and after only a few days of wear I was like "gag this isn't me"....

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Thank you diamondseeker! I will look at Beverly K -- the store I was at today carried them but I didn't look. Will report back!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Niel|1418861533|3803279 said:

Try as many styles on as humanity possible. Maybe even buy a few cz fakies from a department store. Wear them for a little while.

But I bought one and after only a few days of wear I was like "gag this isn't me"....

Ugh, good to know! Luckily everywhere I'm looking has a 30-60 policy, and I'm the type of person that will probably decide in 3-4 days how I'm feeling. I've tried on a lot of styles, but keep gravitating back to that modern/vintage hybrid. It still surprises me the round stone speaks to me now because I was such an asscher girl for so long!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Niel|1418861669|3803282 said:
lindsayd|1418860315|3803255 said:
Oooo I really like the 1st two. I wonder if they could do that second one with all diamonds!?
Ask and you shall receive

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/side-stones/14k-white-gold-round-and-marquise-shape-diamond-engagement-ring-item-49489

Thanks! That's hilarious. I got on to chat with them and asked if they could make it in diamonds, and they said I'd have to wait for a custom order. Duh...?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lindsayd|1418861799|3803284 said:
Niel|1418861533|3803279 said:

Ugh, good to know! Luckily everywhere I'm looking has a 30-60 policy, and I'm the type of person that will probably decide in 3-4 days how I'm feeling. I've tried on a lot of styles, but keep gravitating back to that modern/vintage hybrid. It still surprises me the round stone speaks to me now because I was such an asscher girl for so long!

Hmm hmm hmm.... A mix of modern and vintage. Have you looked at meavona designs? So are SUPER out there, but a few of them have a mix of modern whimsy that you might like.

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
I'll definitely check it out! I so, so appreciate this help. I feel like I'm up a creek without a paddle!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lindsayd|1418862275|3803292 said:
I'll definitely check it out! I so, so appreciate this help. I feel like I'm up a creek without a paddle!

The problem is in a sea of options, how do you narrow it down!

Ive totally been there, too :)

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Niel|1418862474|3803293 said:

Ugh! I know! I like that I went to a local place today (though I'm still snooping around JA). We will eventually have to move from Seattle so knowing my ring was from the place we met is somehow emotional for me. However, emotional = more money! Then once I see a lovely setting, I get confused about the diamonds. Especially the shape! Ugh I could ramble forever, sorry!

It's nice to have the support! The boyfriend is happy to shell out the cash but this process seems to stress him out.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lindsayd|1418862760|3803298 said:

Ugh! I know! I like that I went to a local place today (though I'm still snooping around JA). We will eventually have to move from Seattle so knowing my ring was from the place we met is somehow emotional for me. However, emotional = more money! Then once I see a lovely setting, I get confused about the diamonds. Especially the shape! Ugh I could ramble forever, sorry!

It's nice to have the support! The boyfriend is happy to shell out the cash but this process seems to stress him out.

oh Seattle, I assume you checked out Sholdt?

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Niel|1418862823|3803299 said:
lindsayd|1418862760|3803298 said:

oh Seattle, I assume you checked out Sholdt?

No! What/who is Sholdt?!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
I'm heading out to dinner, but if you have a local recommendation I'd love to hear it. I will refresh this thread, b**edited by moderator, please don't post your email addresses per forum policy**

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sholdt is a Seattle based jewelry company, a lot of their stuff is modern, but I do think a few of their designs have a mix you might like....here a pick of a few of my favorites, as well as the pricescope thread for Sholdt, and some links from vendors that sell sholdt

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/sholdt-jewelry/rings/

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/designer/sholdt

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-sholdt-thread.175520/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-sholdt-thread.175520/[/URL]

Also pinterest has a lot.... id go visit them for sure!

b67b17f5ecce1c6ff2eebb23fa3ccfb1_1_.jpg

_530.png

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Just kidding, haven't headed out for dinner yet.

WOW, hilarious..I live like 2 miles from there!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lindsayd|1418864527|3803310 said:
Just kidding, haven't headed out for dinner yet.

WOW, hilarious..I live like 2 miles from there!

haha, its hard to pull yourself away from something so important!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
BTW, here is the Tacori. I snapped a couple shots when I tried it on today, so kinda blurry. Any thoughts on how high it sits? It seems okay in person but looks high here. Concerned about snagging, etc. I do love a cathedral setting!

_25310.jpg

img_6384.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just going to say you should ask the mods to move this to Rocky Talky. If you hit " report concern" over on the right hand side, just ask them to move it. Youll get more people to post.

I am not the biggest fan of high set rings, though I have had one. I prefer them to sit lower as every time I bang it on a table or a wall I get that :sick: feeling when I have to inspect it....

They do make they diamond look large though!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have it moved. Full disclosure: That "rock" is their CZ stone for sampling purposes.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori owner here, I'm biased the other direction of course.

What I love most about my tacori is how interesting the setting is from all directions. The side profile is so fine and detailed, I love looking at it. I have other settings with milgrain and pave but the work doesn't quite compare. So, is it expensive? Yes for sure. Are you in part paying for the brand name? Yes you are. But is the quality, detail and workmanship there? Yes, absolutely.

Just my toe cents. There are lots of PSers who would never pay more for their setting than their centre stone but for some people, it's worth it.

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Maccers,

Thank you for your input! It's lovely to hear from a Tacori owner. I'm thinking of a 1 ct Round, so the diamond will definitely be more expensive than the setting! I love how this setting is a little unique and has this old school vibe I go for. Which one do you have? :)

diamondhelp123

Rough_Rock
I have a Tacori setting as well. They are unique and gorgeous. What we did was take the item number and shop around- a local jeweler offered us a discount for purchasing the setting from him. The markup on Tacori is quite high so it's worth it to contact a few and let them know you're after the best price.

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
The Tacori does seem overpriced especially as compared to the James Allen. However can't help noticing the James Allen setting have the gold/platinum hollowed out underneath the band to cut costs. The Tacori doesn't have enough pictures to see if they do this as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results