shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions MQ diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blue hawaii

Rough_Rock

Aloha to all,

35.gif

I am also looking for a almost perfect marquise stone through the internet and feel the same way that skylat feels. I live in Hawaii and have limited resources and searching through the internet is very scary.

Vendors on island have a limited stock on hand..........especially a marquise cut due to low demand. Friends advice ...go to SAMS Club. They do have marquise diamonds already mounted, however, I would like to buy a loose stone and choose my own setting, therfore, any suggestion will be welcomed on how to obtain a marquise stone that POPS as John Rouix states. My budget is 10K and would like a stone as perfect as I can get for the bucks.

Mahalo
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s lots of numbers to choose from online and not enough marqs with proper brilliance pedigree...

Choosing a cut model (L/W and approximate outline after a photo) may help a seller identify a better choice since they can see more stones than could show to you. For ref. Suller.com lists a couple dozen marquise diamonds with cert specs and photos available for each. If none has the right shape & weight & specs, at least you can find one with the shape you desire and use it as refference to start "talking" with a seller.

How bad does this sound ?

Of course, you could also select 2-3 stones based on size, proportions, finish and weight (all recorded by GIA certs - unlike brilliance) and have them sorted out by a seller via some test of brilliance. But that does involve a bit of stabbing in the dark: what if none is really what you want
33.gif

IMO, the looks of diamonds appears pretty well in professional photos (have you seen these ? ). The rest is a matter of trust - as usual
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results