shape
carat
color
clarity

Student Research Request for Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cornellresearch

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm a student at Cornell doing consumer research on how people find and shop for an engagement ring. I'm hoping I haven't posted inappropriately or in the wrong forum, but I am looking to interview consumers who are currently in the engagement ring buying process.

I'd done some interviews with family and friends to see what their experiences were and have built some hypothesis around how buying behaviors differ in online vs. offline. I'd like to test those hypothesis by seeing if certain questions could help make it easier for consumers to find and buy an engagement ring.

If you're currently buying an engagement ring and would be willing to spare 10 - 15 minutes to talk, please PM me and I can give you my Cornell email/phone number. I am not trying to spam anyone and happy to give Professor references if you are concerned. I am not connecting names, any personal information, or selling you anything.

Thanks for reading.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No PM feature on Pricescope.

You might contact the admin, explain your premise, get permission to source volunteers through this channel and explore a way for the volunteers to get-in-touch. If this goes forward it would be nice to share the results of your project with the admin, or even post them here.

Good luck on the research.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick and easy way to contact the Admins is to hit the "report concern" button to the right of your opening post... good luck with your paper and I hope you share your results with us PSers.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It's too bad there is no way to contact you. Maybe you could put a "wanted" add up on Loupe Troop?

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
For privacy and security reasons, exchange of personal contact information is disallowed on the forums (although the Admins may be able to figure out a clever way to get around that restriction). Thus, I think you're going to have a hard time getting in touch with users by telephone.

So, if your research doesn't require a free-form interactive interview with each subject, I would recommend instead that you set up an anonymous survey using a site like Surveymonkey, and then post a link to the survey. Would that work? One of the forum policies does prohibit "posts of any ... surveys ... and alike from other companies", but I think you wouldn't run afoul of that rule because you're not a company. =)

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is the PERFECT place to find your research subjects. Take the advice given and be persistent and you will find a treasure trove of good info.

Good luck in your quest.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may be cumbersome for you, but if you could format specific questions people could just respond to those questions on here; you'd get a lot of responses.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SURVEYMONKEY!

I'd love to participate, and read about your results.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Sorry but we don't allow solicitation of our members for any cause no matter how good the reason. Best of luck. :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results