shape
carat
color
clarity

Strong blue flourescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anarosa02

Rough_Rock
Hey to all.
What is the effect of strong blue fl on a diamond? I found one on James Allen, graded an "I". Is this a good thing?

Thank you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2008 2:03:07 PM
Author:anarosa02
Hey to all.
What is the effect of strong blue fl on a diamond? I found one on James Allen, graded an 'I'. Is this a good thing?
http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_294-1131_build.asp?step=DiamondSearch&cid=294

Thank you.
Strong blue can be a nice feature in a diamond, and especially an I colour, many fans here! Very rarely, a diamond with SB can show a negative effect such as making the diamond look cloudy in some lights, but to put this in perspective, a vendor here who has sold thousands of diamonds over the years, has noted that out of the many strong blue fluorescent diamonds, only a few have shown any negatives. JA would be able to advise you, if this is an in house diamond it would have been checked for this anyway, but it is prudent to ask if you are interested in this diamond.

Sorry, the link doesn't take me to the diamond, only a setting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most welcome!
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another blue flour fan here!! I purposly tried to find it in my pendant and I was happy when it was in my H e-ring stone. It''s usually not noticeable at all, but when it is I love it.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I was previously engaged (cat''s outta the bag!) and had a J color stone with very strong blue fluorescence. It made the stone face up really white without looking milky. Also, when I went to clubs, that thing glowed like you wouldn''t believe. As long as I had a warmer stone, I wouldn''t hesitate to get one if it had fluorescence. I definitely think it''s important to see the stone in person so you can judge the color with your own eyes.

Liz

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
My engagement ring from my XH was described by the jeweler as a blue-white diamond. He told us that was the best kind of diamond you could get (I was 20 years old, there was no internet, and that is the most I knew about diamonds for the next 20 years!). I don''t think they are actually labeled blue-white anymore. I love blue flourescence though, and as long as it doesn''t cause the diamond to look "milky" in sunlight, it can be a good thing -- even make a lower color stone face up white.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results