shape
carat
color
clarity

Stores to try on rings?

Sara_chicago

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

So my boyfriend and I want to get engaged and since I'm pretty picky about jewelry he wants me to pick the ring out. I think the way I want to go right now is ordering the diamond online to get the best bang for our buck. Right now in pictures I think I like cushions the best and I've read good old gold is perfect for that. Currently I've only hastily tried on one or two rings. I'm looking for recommendations for stores in the Chicago area to go try on rings and see what I really like on my hand and finger. There are a ton of options so I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dimend Scaasi

GQsOwn

Rough_Rock
Finer Jewelry and ask for Atalie or Roy!!! 5 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60603

Atalie is amazing and I am currently working with her for my e-ring purchase. I live in D.C. and although I have several diamond vendors near me I wouldn't trade working with her.

Originally, like you, I was going to purchase my diamond and setting (custom) online; however, I had a friend who went here and told me how amazing the experience was for her. I wanted to give them an opportunity even though I knew they wouldn't be able to get close to or beat the price of an online retailer. Well needless to say, they not only matched the price of the diamond that I found online the total price with the setting ended up being cheaper than several other vendors I researched from here.

The setting was around the same price for all the vendors with the exception of bench made jewelers. But the selection of melee diamonds (cut, color, and carat) were higher so for the same quality the others would have been more expensive.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My suggestion too; I've gone i and tried on a bunch of rings there - no prob.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my experience at 2 different Tiffany's stores, they are not pushy salespeople (like I found at Robbins Brothers and the like). I tried on a bunch of rings at T&C to determine the size that I liked (we got RBs), and then ordered from a PS vendor online.

Sara_chicago

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the responses! We might stop at Tiffany's. It is just a short walk from home. I just don't want to go somewhere the salespeople are pushy. Since I'm just trying to get a feel for what I like in real life. Thanks again for the suggestions! I'll have to look these stores up. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results