carat
color
clarity

Still searching for a 2 carat asscher cut diamond

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4114heidi|1473633339|4075292 said:
DonnaH- I cannot find the ring you were sharing on this site. It isbeautiful and I would like to see more.

Can I get Gypsy's opinion on this stone?

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/search?carat_max=2.52&carat_min=1.78&color=D,E,F&heirloom=true&shape=Asscher#diamond=A202-15968373Z

How about anyone else?

It's not as well cut as the other two I posted (JA and ED). Weird that it is D VVS and costs less than the one I linked, but the other is superior in cut. Cut really is the most important thing.

I'll take a look at the ones Grace has listed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd still make a try for this one. Tell them it is priced higher than the D VVS they have and that you want to offer $20k for it.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/A202-2675Z269Z

Can't hurt to try if $20k is your max. Or say the price was under $19k when you first looked at it and that's what you'll offer and see if they reduce the asking price.

Okay, now to go look at the others.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the two H stones Grace has listed, but getting an F VVS at $21k seems to be a better value unless you are specifically looking for and prefer an antique stone. One is square and the other slightly elongated. The GIA report and measurements are not yet posted for the 2.15, so I'd want to see the measurements before giving my preference on those.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
I did take a look at the Jewels by Grace stones. I will continue to check them out. Where do you see information from their certificate on this site? I am just wondering if you can tell by photos that it is better cut or if you are able to see the certificate. I am not able to find the certificate. This would help me to have as much information as I can before carefully considering it.

I just wanted to make a note that Enchanted Diamonds gave the stone I shared a 100percent cut score. I am wondering how they come up with that number. Is there anything you can tell me.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
Ok. I just found the certificate on their website. I feel like a real bonehead for not seeing this before.

I am viewing the 2.04. Isn't the diamond cut too deep?

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
I will try with the one from Enchanted Diamonds. If you think this is the best one compared to everything else in the discussion.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4114heidi|1473729645|4075720 said:
Ok. I just found the certificate on their website. I feel like a real bonehead for not seeing this before.

I am viewing the 2.04. Isn't the diamond cut too deep?

The 2.04 diameter is pretty good. It's the other one that doesn't have the report or measurements.

But yes, the F VVS at ED is outstanding. Their cut scores mean absolutely nothing except they are somewhat accurate on rounds. All fancies have to be seen and cannot be judged by numbers. I mean, I could rule out a stone with a 75 table by numbers, but all with a 60-65 table aren't going to be able to be judged by numbers, for example.

Right, the one at JA had a smaller diameter than the one at ED.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Important, tell ED this stone was recommended on PS!!! That might be extra incentive to give you a good deal so that you'll come here and show it off!

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
Hi-So I private messaged Joshua, an owner at Enchanted Diamonds. He asked me to email him the offer. He said he would check into it and get back to me. I have not heard his response to the initial price.

I am guessing this is a no.

I've lost track of the 2.04 one you were recommending to me, diamondseeker. Can you provide the link again?

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
What about the F VVS2 emerald cut on jewels by grace?

4114heidi

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4114heidi|1475021578|4081423 said:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/search?carat_max=2.41&carat_min=1.82&clarity=FL,IF,VVS1,VVS2,VS2,VS1&color=G&fluorescence_intensity=Medium,Slight,Very+Slight,Faint&grading_lab=GIA&shape=Asscher#diamond=A218-753703457

So I am back on the horse again. I am busy working three jobs, hosting an International student, and raising two young children. So bear with me. Gypsy or Diamondseeker-what are your thoughts on this diamond. Is this worth the price when it is a G in color?

This is still a better deal at only $850 more. A color grade higher and almost the same diameter. Probably better cut. If he refused the offer on this one, did he give you a bottom line price on it? Because there's no way I'd buy that G for only $850 less.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/A202-2675Z269Z

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a chance with Blue Nile and I received a beautiful asscher, which gypsy called "not a dog" lol.

You can always send it back.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
whitewave|1475087846|4081715 said:
I took a chance with Blue Nile and I received a beautiful asscher, which gypsy called "not a dog" lol.

You can always send it back.

Whitewave, I said the stone was pretty. You took my comments out of context which makes them sound really harsh, which I don't think they were. :((

This is what I said: "I think it's a pretty stone and definitely not a dog. Very impressive for a stone bought sight unseen especially."

I am sorry if you thought my comments were harsh, I didn't mean them that way at all.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooo, Gypsy! I thought it was hilarious, not harsh!!! I love how you say dog/not dog. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is mine. The blue thing at the middle left is a reflection-- its completely eye clean. I would have to find the exact parameters, but I know the polish and symmetry are excellent. The girdle is thick to very thick. No Fluro. Cut is good (I would choose excellent in a redo). I made sure the angles and ratios were within the acceptable points for an asscher. In looking for an asscher, at least when I looked for mine, you obviously have all of these moving qualities and I had to match best with my budget and the things I wanted. So this was the ring I chose to buy. Its not a perfect asscher. I was ok knowing that.

Blue Nile now shows the exact diamond in 360 degrees for most over 1 carat stones. You still cant get an aset.

1.52 VS1 G

img_4939_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
whitewave|1475110399|4081819 said:
Nooo, Gypsy! I thought it was hilarious, not harsh!!! I love how you say dog/not dog. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Okay, whew! I was afraid you were upset by my comments.

You can blame Karl for the "dog" thing. Before he was a vendor, he was StormRaider (spelled creatively) and that was what he used. And since I learned all about step cuts at his knee... the dog thing stuck.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
Thank you Whitewave for sharing your beautiful stone. I know that photos don't do diamonds justice. I like how the photos display it.

With locating the same diamond on Adiamore....you are so resourceful!!! How brilliant.

Ok, I know this is going to sound crazy but what appeals to me about the one I was inquiring about is the fact that it has fluorescence. Thoughts here? I had a diamond with fluorescence and loved that aspect about it.

4114heidi

Rough_Rock
I am not sold on the H 2 carat stone. call me crazy.

I will call on the 2 carat asscher on adiamore but they are closed right now

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
I know you've posted that you like fluorescence. My current asscher has medium blue and is a G. I wouldn't go above medium but that is a personal preference. I got in an asscher with very strong blue and it wasn't hazy but dominated the stone's performance in every way when in direct sunlight. I didn't think I'd like that long term because it looked less like a standard diamond. It's recommended not to get very strong or strong blue in such high colored diamonds, D, E, F. All this to say, make sure wherever you do purchase from has a good return policy in case you don't like it after seeing it for a few days in all kinds of lighting.

Also, check jewelsbygrace Facebook page for a 2.14 ct emerald cut she posted the other day. Very nice, although I am not sure of the price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results