shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting over

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bambina

Rough_Rock
...and need some help. I really respect your opinions. I don''t always have time to post, just I read religiously.

Anyway, I had my "almost perfect ring" posted a while back https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-almost-perfect-e-ring.50017/= (I think I did that right) and after having the ring done again the jewelery''s workmanship completely declined and I was not happy with the finished project--the halo diamond were mismatched, set uneven, just a disaster. It was unfortunate because the design was exactly what I wanted. I didn''t hesitate to tell him and it was not as good a work as he had previously done and he told me it was custom work it was never going to be perfect. I wanted to cry...actually I did. After talking to my H2B and some soul searching, we are going to cut our losses (this guy will only give us back the deposit for the setting), take the diamond and get a new setting made with another jeweler. Thankfully, my baby is sooo understanding and wants me to be happy. Don''t feel bad for me, it was a learning experience and actually I''m excited again about my diamond and the search for its setting.

I''ve got another referral for a jeweler and have been talking with him for a few weeks. I''m finally committed to starting again. I''m still interested in the HW pave setting, but since I''ve never been a big fan of the side view of it, I''m interested in seeing some alternatives. I''m wanting something that looks more polished/finished that the HW side, buy not something so minimal that looks flat.

I''d love to hear and see your ideas.

Bambina

Bambina

Rough_Rock
I''m loving this one posted by Gypsy and Mara... What do you think it would look like with a mear 1.71 c?

je6.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
heeh well obviously i am biased because i just loved that setting we saw at JE. i think it would work lovely with a 1.7c stone, that''s no slouch in the size dept! it was a halo as well. i love the open side view where you can see much of the diamond. i like the HW setting but it''s not one of my favorites, there are just so many settings out there ''kind of like that'' but this JE setting had such an amazing side view. and because i think a lot of times side views are neglected, i love to see a spectacular one.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
leon mege has some very pretty halo undersides if you want to check out his eye candy at artofplatinum.com

Horray for starting fresh and getting what you want! You never would have been happy with a sloppy job or something that wasn''t what you wanted.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2006 12:47:00 PM
Author: Bambina
I''m loving this one posted by Gypsy and Mara... What do you think it would look like with a mear 1.71 c?
It would look great!! I love that setting. As mentioned check out Leon Mege, he does gorgeous halo rings. Good luck!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the sideview of the one Mara posted much better than the HW and I think it would look lovely with your size stone
30.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The one posted by Gypsy and Mara looks more sturdy in construction, less likely to snag, and is just flat out better looking. Only a 1.7? ONLY?~? That''s the size of my stone, and frankly it looks large....the setting you like will be a good balance to the stone, one won''t overpower the other too much.

Bambina

Rough_Rock
Certainly the 1.7 is no slouch like Mara said, but given that the setting Mara and Gypsy posted was a ginormous 4c you have to wonder if a smaller stone will be able to pull of the look-especially since I haven''t seen it in person. E.G., I tried on a 5c and 2c HW pave setting at Harry Winston, just for fun, and the two had slightly different looks even though they were the same setting. On the bigger stones for the HW setting they do away with the extra diamonds on the bottom of the basket and it has more of an acute angle following the shape of the diamond. Also the basket ends in more of a circle than a square. I wish I had pics of that one! But I digress! I hope I''m not confusing this issue... I just wanted some thoughts about a 1.7 pulling of the JE pave, I didn''t mean to sound snobby if came out that way.

I think I''m going to do it! EEEKK! I swear I was dreaming about the JE setting on Friday night. When I went to see the jeweler on Sat I thought I was set on the HW and once there the JE kept creeping into my thoughts so I asked him to hold off on starting anything until I could get him the JE pics. I''m so excited! Thanks for the enouragement ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results