shape
carat
color
clarity

Some Cool Pieces...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I see a lot of cool pieces out here appraising in one of the wealthiest counties in the U.S. (Sarasota County, second wealthiest in Florida after Palm Beach). I thought I'd post pictures once in a while when I ran across some really interesting pieces.

Here's a couple I did recently. This first is an exact replica of a "clipper ship", dating back to around 1850. The sails were set with a carat of rose cut diamonds, with a white enameled hull racing across a blue enameled ocean.

The brooch was small, but exquisite, of exceptional manufacture and workmanship.

DSC00218.JPG

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
This next piece is a signed Salvador Dali piece from 1953, inspired by the romantic opera "Tristan & Isolde".

The 18k yellow & white gold pendant shows a couple about to kiss over a glass of fine wine. The essence of the wine is captured by a fine "tongue shaped" 7 carat cabochon garnet, with the wine goblet rim and base pave' set with 2 carat of fine diamonds.

DSC00023.JPG

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
This next piece I loved because of it's clean lines, novel "half & half" design and fabulous gemstones. 5.00 carats of fine diamonds, and 7.00 carats of blood-dripping red Burma rubies, set in platinum and 18k yellow gold.

The bracelet is Art Deco, circa 1920, of exceptional manufacture and workmanship.

DSC00172.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice bracelet Rich...

I like some of the art-deco style earrings of that era.

Sapphires, diamonds, the teardrop earrings.....

-Josh

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Rich heres that cross I spoke of In my PM to you: It is from 1680....

Have you ever dated really old pieces like this?

The chain is of a later date but not older then the 19th century (circa 1870). The clasp has been engraved as well.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Most probably France or Southern Europe
PERIOD : 1680
MATERIAL : 18K yellow gold
STONES : 24 antique table rose cut diamonds.
WEIGHT : 17.70 gram (11.38 dwt)
HALLMARKS: no trace
SIZE : cross: 4.60 cm (1.81 inch) by 3.50 cm (1.38 inch)/length chain: 72.00 cm (28.35 inch)

-Josh
9.gif

cross1680final.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice pieces Rich! I love the two people with the glass of wine, very innovative!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
These are beautiful pieces! What do you use to assign a value to items as unique as these?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzers on that Dali piece!! I want that.
1.gif

1.gif
lawmax

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results