shape
carat
color
clarity

solitaires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
I always thought that a diamond solitaire ring on it''s own without a wedding band made the diamond look larger because there was nothing else to focus on except the diamond. Recently I tried on solitaires with diamond wedding bands & noticed that it made the diamond on the solitaire ring look larger. How could this be? Has anyone ever noticed anything similar?

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Yep. I also notice that my ring seems to look bigger when I''m in dim lighting, because it sparkles more. I think more sparkling close to the solitaire can slightly blur the edges, and gives an optical illusion of increased size.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have also noticed this on other peoples rings, but I just thought it was because half eternity wedding bands had smaller diamonds than the solitaire therefore showing diamonds which were smaller thus having an enlarging effect on the main diamond when your mind looks at it and makes comparisons between the two..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results