shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire or side stone setting? (pics included)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
I have narrowed down the setting to a few choices. Unfortunately I am not really sure which one to go for. And from what I have gathered, my girlfriend feels the same, she would love either. I like the solitaire because it puts all the emphasis on the main diamond, not to mention the simple elegance. But I''ve heard that the side stones can really add some sparkle and complement the main stone. The main diamond will end up being a princess cut between 1.2 and 1.4 carats. Do you all have any advice for me? I''d love to hear personal preferences as well, thanks.

DM15503500_PR_100_zoom.jpg

DM36500100_PR_100_zoom.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I think that they are both very beautiful. I think that a princess of that size would be very classy on its own. I am sure that she will be very happy with either!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
i much prefer the solitaire--i don''t really love the round sides with the square center stone. if you wanted to go three-stone with a princess i would do princess sides--oh and also i''ve seen a princess ring with teensy pear sides and it was so pretty!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I like sidestones, but honestly I''m not crazy about the 2nd setting. If it were a choice between the two I''d definitely go with the solitaire.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I would go with the first setting for a princess cut diamond, it's pretty and simple. I find the second setting nice, but I would prefer it with a RB

sdm

Rough_Rock
For the stones/settings you are considering, I prefer the solitaire. The side stones seem to detract from the center stone; it''s such a pretty ring as a solitaire.

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. I will check out a few of the settings you guys mentioned but most likely end up with the solitaire. If she would like more sparkle I''ll spring for some in the wedding band. Thanks again.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I find the design on setting with the side stone a little distracting and overwhelming for the side stome. Maybe if the sidestones are slightly bigger, it would look better with that setting. But then it might take away from the center princess cut stone especially because they are of different shapes. I would prefer the second setting with a round brilliant center stone. So I say a solitaire if you have your heart set on the princess cut diamond.

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
It''s definitely going to be a princess cut, she''s made that much clear
2.gif
. But she could go either way on the side stones. Are the sides usually the same cut as the main one? As far as princess cuts go?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
They don''t have to be the same shape, but they should probably carry on the general theme. I really like the solitare you posted, and think with a diamond wedding band you''d have plenty of sparkle and a very classy look. However, if you want sidestones, maybe you should consider something like this with channel set stones in the band. THis happens to be Vatche, but there are lots of variations along this theme.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a sidestone fan..but if you want to go sidestones with a princess, try trillions. However, a solitaire is much prettier and if you want to add some bling, why not try pave or channel set diamonds in the band where it would not detract from the center stone.

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
The longer I look at these settings, the more I agree with you guys. The solitaire is beautiful, and I can save the wedding band for some inlaid diamonds. Then she can love it all over again when the wedding comes around. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results