shape
carat
color
clarity

soldering alternative......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Is there an alternative to soldering rings together, such as a clip of some kind? Thanks for any info

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen rings be unsoldered and refinished...could never tell they had been soldered together. The ring guards aren''t a permanent solution because they can scratch and damage the shanks.

I wore my ering and wband unsoldered for 4 years and finally soldered them...I don''t know why I didn''t do it sooner!! I like how they are one ring now. Is there a reason for you to not solder your rings?

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
I understand, because I don''t want to solder my rings either. I want the option of wearing the wedding band alone in case I''m doing some chores that could damage the diamond, or just don''t feel like being flashy. A super-temporary alternative would be to buy those plastic ring guards. They''re a tiny, clear tube with a slit down one side, and you wrap the tube around the underside of the ring to prevent spinning. There is generally a small size as well as a big size which could work to hold two rings together if they are very thin bands. You can buy them at Claire''s (Ring Snuggies) or look them up on a search engine under ''plastic ring guards.'' If your bands are wider then I doubt this will work.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well Like Aurora, there are times when I will only want to wear my wedding band. I am getting my ering reset into a Ritani Endless Love style setting and i am hoping that the jeweler can make it sit high enough so my wedding band will fit under it which would most likely mean that one side of the ring will Be" defferent., And I don''t want them to rub together too much b/c my band is channel set w/ 11 small diamonds and I don''t want it it rub to the point of a diamond possibly falling out. I guess I could solder together, but I would like to have options. The plastic ring guard might work b/c the bands aren''t thick. Thanks for you help.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results