shape
carat
color
clarity

Solasfera J with Halo setting – Platinum or white gold? - please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cho

Rough_Rock

My Bf finally found a round diamond he likes – he believes a solasfera has the ideal cut which gives the optimum light reflection.

However, it is still a J color stone, and I want it set in a cushion halo (something similar to Tacori 2620), I am just concern that this setting will show the yellowish tint of the stone.

In fact, the vendor showed us a sample halo setting with a G solasfera center stone; and I did find the center stone was a bit yellowish. He confirmed the color of the center stone matched with the melee in the halo. He said halo is a very tricky setting. It will improve the appearance by blocking the side view, but it also shows more tints of the center stone due to the contrast with the melee and metal. Smaller diamonds give more reflection and the metal in fact contributes most of the contrast.

Does anyone have the same concern or agree with my vendor’s comments?

Though with the mentioned concerns, I really love a round stone in a cushion halo. And I’m wondering whether white gold give less contrast than platinum and helps the appearance of this setting?

Please help!!!!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Darthkim

Rough_Rock
Hmm, i guess that would depend upon the color of the halo stones.
Perhaps having the band in gold will draw away the slight warmth of the J stone.

I've seen J graded stones and solasfera and both should face up allright.

Having the J graded stones next to G and H, one can kind of see the warmth (but only when upside down with the pavilion facing up).

When evaluating them from the face, it was very difficult to tell (for me at least)

BTW, i'm curious, which dealer are you seeing these solasfera's at? (It's not too common to hear about them..)

I really liked them, but ended up with a isee2. Those additional facets in the solasfera make them sparkly like crazy :)

BTW, have you considered the eighternity diamonds?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I have a K stone with H and I side stones. I can see a slight difference but I doesn''t bother me. I though I heard that white gold would look better than platinum in a situation like this. I''m sure it is going to look beautiful.

Cho

Rough_Rock
we will get our stone from david. He is very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results