shape
carat
color
clarity

So...what about Blue Nile?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JT

Rough_Rock
Well I had a diamond picked out on BN, but wanted to go shop around just to make sure I was getting a good deal. I had to Jareds awhile back and found the were way more expensive than BN. So today I went to several more stores just to see what they had....WOW!!

I went to Diamonds Direct and told the guy what I was looking for. He showed me some stones and threw his sales pitch and gave me prices. Then I told that I had found a better diamond for a better deal than what he was showing me. He brought a laptop over a said "show me". I pulled it up and also showed him the setting I wanted. The Diamond was around 3200 and the setting in platinum was 1050 (900 18k wg). He told me he would order the diamond and charge me what they paid for (plus tax) and *give* (AKA $0.00) me the setting in WG and set it for free or charge me 750 for platinum. This with a lifetime warranty free upgrades, free polishing and sizing for life, and free Rhodium (sp) plating 1x a year for 3 years!! He said the reason for this is for future business. I have heard that before but this really takes the cake.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since most of Blue Niles stones are virtual, meaning many dealers have access to the same stones, I''d say this local jeweler is offering you an excellent deal. If you refer just one person to them, they''ll be ahead. I''m not sure I''d turn such a deal down..........

Good Luck with your purchase

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2006 2:16:16 PM
Author: Rod
Since most of Blue Niles stones are virtual, meaning many dealers have access to the same stones, I''d say this local jeweler is offering you an excellent deal. If you refer just one person to them, they''ll be ahead. I''m not sure I''d turn such a deal down..........

Good Luck with your purchase
I''m with Rod, sounds like a great deal indeed. Good luck!!!
1.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This does sound like a flexible dealer and giving you a good deal.

But I don''t think most of BNs stones are virtual. They have contracted with certain vendors to be that vendor''s only on line selling outlet. Vendor can sell his stones in stores (or to other dealers) but only via BN on line. There may be individual exceptions I imagine, but in general, the stones on BN should rarely appear on other on line vendor''s sites.

So, the question is: is your dealer buying the stone from BN? I might take close note of the GIA cert number on the stone from BN and compare it to what you get at the end. Let us know - it is very interesting.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That''s a phenomenal deal. I would take it and run if this is indeed the stone you want.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results