shape
carat
color
clarity

Small finger size + engagement ring + wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackball

Rough_Rock
My fiancee has a 4.5 ring size and has small finger, given that she''s 5''8" tall. Question:

The engagement setting I''m getting has a 3-3.5mm width, and I''m looking at a wedding band that''s approximately 3mm. Will this 6mm or so look/feel too big?

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow that sounds exactly like ME! :)

But I have no idea what size in mm looks good on me. I just know by looking at it. Never actually got into the width of it!

Good luck though!!
wavey.gif

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/26/2003 12:22:21 AM blackball wrote:

My fiancee has a 4.5 ring size and has small finger, given that she's 5'8" tall. Question:

The engagement setting I'm getting has a 3-3.5mm width, and I'm looking at a wedding band that's approximately 3mm. Will this 6mm or so look/feel too big?

----------------
Hi!
here are my rings on my 4.5 size finger
9.gif

Wedding band is 3mm width and e-ring is 3.3mm width. It does not feel too big to me
love.gif

30294123.jpg

30294208.jpg

P.S. sorry about poor quality of the pics, just a quick shots.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Also, the width between her knuckle and first joint makes a difference as well. If she's tall, she might have very long fingers, which would make wider bands acceptable.

I'm 5'3" with size 4.25 fingers, and both my bands are 2mm. Anything wider would have overwhelmed me.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It definitely depends on her style. What other type of jewelry does she wear? Thick and chunky or small and dainty? I am 5'4" with a 5.5 ring size and long fingers, but I love the heavier styles. My wedding band is 8 mm and my e-ring is almost 2 mm--definitely knuckle to knuckle. I'm looking for new settings, but every time I try on anything dainty, I feel it does not fit my style. You'll definitely have to consider her personality, but I believe a total width of 6 or 7 mm will be fine for someone 5'8" tall.

Diamondlil

blackball

Rough_Rock
She's 5'8", tall and lean with shorter fingers and a 4.5 ring size.

She's a top sommelier at a well known restaurant, so I went big (for me) on the diamond 1.7 ct, but don't want to crowd her very beautiful and very hard working hands.

blackball

Rough_Rock
Oh, and she doesn't wear any other jewelry outside of a ring from her family and ever occasionally an artistic necklace. No earrings, either.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
my fiance isn't quite so tall...in fact she about 5'3" i believe. her ring size is 3.5. we decided that especially with a wedding band, anything more than 2mm each was too big. besides, getting a ring that's too thick might make the stone look smaller.

hope my opinion helps.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/28/2003 7
6.gif
2:58 AM 69gm wrote:

my fiance isn't quite so tall...in fact she about 5'3" i believe. her ring size is 3.5. we decided that especially with a wedding band, anything more than 2mm each was too big. besides, getting a ring that's too thick might make the stone look smaller.

hope my opinion helps.
----------------

forgot to mention, however that it still really depends on your personal taste. we can only tell what we like. we can't tell you what you guys will like. the best thing to do is go to some jewelry stores together and see what looks too thick or somehow disproportionate to you folks. only YOU can say what that is...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results