shape
carat
color
clarity

Slow emails?

Nick210

Rough_Rock
Has anyone else encountered slow email responses from GOG or ERD? I haven't gotten a response from ERD on any email I sent them and GOG seems to send 1 email a day lol. May be time to pick up the phone and get down to business.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Nick210|1372267803|3472694 said:
Has anyone else encountered slow email responses from GOG or ERD? I haven't gotten a response from ERD on any email I sent them and GOG seems to send 1 email a day lol. May be time to pick up the phone and get down to business.

You know in the last 5-6 years I have probably submitted a request for a price quote to ERD at least 8-10 times and then have NEVER, not once, EVER called or emailed me back. It seems they either respond to you or they don't. This really turned me off as i don't want to call vendors- I'm on the phone all day for my job anyhow- so if you don't email then it doesn't work for me. But anyhow yes I would call them. I think the family that runs GOG is out on vacation so they might be slightly short staffed this week, but they usually get back to me in 2 days when I have a questions. ERD I would definitely call though.

Nick210

Rough_Rock
Ahh thanks, I'm going to a local b&m store that was highly recommended. I'm sure I won't be buying one from there but doesn't hurt to look.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always get replies from GOG, but sometimes it does take a day. What I do know is that they get a massive amount of email. Jonathan was on vacation the past week, and they may even be behind. Always call if you are ready to buy.

Nick210

Rough_Rock
I'm ready to buy, but they don't list prices for their settings and the one I did get a quote on was about $1000 over budget. :-o
I may have to scratch that and go for a larger modern cushion and cheaper setting elsewhere.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They carry many, many settings from many manufacturers. I am sure they can show you some alternatives. But settings are really expensive now, which is a bummer for sure!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1372271240|3472727 said:
Nick210|1372267803|3472694 said:

You know in the last 5-6 years I have probably submitted a request for a price quote to ERD at least 8-10 times and then have NEVER, not once, EVER called or emailed me back. It seems they either respond to you or they don't. This really turned me off as i don't want to call vendors- I'm on the phone all day for my job anyhow- so if you don't email then it doesn't work for me. But anyhow yes I would call them. I think the family that runs GOG is out on vacation so they might be slightly short staffed this week, but they usually get back to me in 2 days when I have a questions. ERD I would definitely call though.

I started to post my experience which sound very similar to yours and then changed my mind. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that's had this problem. I did however finally receive an email after several attempts but like SB mentioned, I was already sort of turned off by that point. Others though have had great luck with ERD so I would definitely give them a call if you are interested. If your an email sort of person though I've found WF and BGD both amazing at responding.

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Not replying to e-mails in a timely fashion, or contacting me when you said you would are two of my biggest pet peeves. I have fired everyone from my insurance guy to my car dealer to a mechanic to doctors and everyone in between. If you say that you will get back to me by XX day, do it, even if you shoot me a quick email to let me know you have been super busy and haven't gotten to me yet. If you aren't able to contact me when you say you will, I'll take my business to someone who is. The vendor that I bought my stone from ALMOST lost a sale because of it, I gave them the benefit of the doubt because it was explained to me by a third party that they were shorthanded to the tune of half of the shop.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Try to email Chris at ERD direct. He is a bit faster in emails than Mark is.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I have emailed ERD a few times and never ever gotten a response back. Why have the option on your site if your not going to follow through?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results