shape
carat
color
clarity

Size of stone in a Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Couture

Rough_Rock
OK, I cannot get images of Leon''s site posted here, so if anyone else can that would be great. artofplatinum.com
I want the pave basket-type setting seen here: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=104&sessionid=08840af1493d5b7912f2bde2efb397bd. You can find the side view here, but it is set with an asscher instead of a cushion, therefore the basket is a little different: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=47&sessionid=08840af1493d5b7912f2bde2efb397bd

My question: How big do you think the cushion is that is set in the first one?
If I got a 2 ct. round or cushion, do you think the basket would still look similar?
I like the way these baskets look, very airy and open, because the bottom of the basket is large, but if I had a 2 ct center stone, would the basket shrink up quite a bit?

Also, do you think the ring would look good if I had a round center stone, but kept the cuhion-ish shaped basket?

Thanks for all of your help and sorry for any confusion this may be.
1.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I really don''t know how big that diamond is but to me, it looks large. Like at least 3 carats. I am not sure if a round diamond would have the same effect. Really, the best person to talk to is Leon. I inquired about one of his settings that I loved, and he told me that my 2 carat diamond would just not work well in the setting I liked. It needed to be bigger to really have the detail.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s gingerbcookie''s Leon ring, very similar to what your looking at. she has a 1.375 round. you can see her thread here.

definetly give Leon a call and he''ll let you know for sure what will and will not work.

darkcolor.JPG

sideinside.JPG

brick02.JPG

Couture

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your input. Gingerbcookie''s ring is beautiful and very similar to what I want, except I want the prongs to not be at such an angle. I want there to be a small "ring" where the prongs connect at the finger, like the one around the center of the diamond so the prongs almost go straight down and do not follow the angle of the diamond. This is what I am worried about though, I am afraid the basket and prongs may overwhelm the center stone if I do it like that. I was also thinking about doing Reena''s ring without the halo. I think I just really like when the prongs are wide set with that "ring" or loop on the underside of the carriage resting on the top of your finger.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
defintitely give Leon a call, he''ll be able to tell you if it would look right or night. sounds beautiful though.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
leon will definitely let you know if he thinks something will or won''t look good....he''s pretty frank about that from what i have heard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results